Snow!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by zappaf19, Oct 12, 2006.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I was going to try to fish today but I saw snow on the ground and that bummed me out. Think I will try for monday. :sad2:
    Bill

2. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Heavy snow here in Logan county Ohio at work. I got fish out of the cold box this am before I left for work to fry up tonight. It's gona happen no matter. Heck the fish won't know any difference.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yeah, I know what you mean, It's slated to snow here soon and already snowing up Northern Pennsylavnia to N.Y. I'll have to dig out my insulated waders!

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    SNOW!!!! You have got to be kiddin. I wouldn't have even dreamed it would be snowing anywhere in the USA. I hope we get some of that stuff down here this year. Could you e-mail us a couple of buckets full of it.LOL

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You're a sick, sick, man Jim...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Keep your temper - nobody else wants it.

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i won't go fishing in the snow but man i love sitting in a tree waiting on that buck to walk by with snow coming down.

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i hope the snow goes away so you can get some more fishing in this year

8. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ok, all the deer Ive ever shot have always been in snowy conditions. And Ive caught lots of fish while it was raining, weather it was a down pour, severe storm rollin thru, or just a light rain. Has anyone here ever caught fish while it was snowing? I dont mean on a frozen lake, or several inches on the ground already, but maybe the first or second snow fall of the year and you caught a fish?

Kenny

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    got a little bit of snow today. i was dissapointed. i need to fish lol.

10. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I have caught cats in flurries, my best bluecat came on 12/14/05..It was about 31 degrees out, and snow with some rain mixed in...53 lb blue though....I loving fishing the river in the winter...Usually the worst conditions are the best

11. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    flurries yesterday and today went out for about 2 hrs today not a single cat 1perch 1northern 2rock bass nothing big enough to eat :( gonna try it again tomorrow as long as the boat ramp aint iced in... I dread Northern Wisconsin winters once the snow flies ya dont see the dirt till about April...

12. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I love fishing in the snow. Something about sitting in a boat, cleaning show off yourself-just great! Some amazing times have been spent fishing in the snow, i recomend trying it if you haven't! I've been out there and had my line freeze to my eyes on my pole

And I have a buddy living in salt lake, they got 15 inches of snow in the mountains a month ago-lucky kid.

13. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    Snow? it's the reason i'm here, hope to never shovel another flake.

14. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The forcast is calling for snow some time this weekend. I still would have fished though.

15. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Its still t-shirt weather out here...
    I LOVE AZ~

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The temp is 44 degrees with a rather cool breeze blowing.I've not heard anything about snow yet but Farmers Almanac says by November 11 we should have some snow so we shall see.I have known this publication to be fairly accurate.I remember one winter jusr about 3-5 yrs ago every single time that publication forcast snow my goodness we really got dumped on. So as I said we shall see what happens.:big_smile:

17. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I fish till into Nov. But snow in Oct. YUK! When my eyelets freeze w-d-40 works.
    Bill

18. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    giant cats and big walleyes are on the prowl to fill their bellies before the freeze. spawn comes soon for the walleyes and the cats are real lethargic in the winter. so get out there, freeze your ass off and catch some ice fish!

19. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Do you have to rub it in?:big_smile: I cant wait to move back to Vegas.Btw,i hear they have some big Flats in Lake Havasu.Cant wait!!!!