Snow Totals for Feb. 12

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by misterwhiskers, Feb 12, 2006.

1. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Well today is my daughters 12th B-day and we had to cancel the party. :eek:(

19 plus inches of snow put things on hold.How much if any did everyone else get?

Is still comin down here,but sposed to let up early this afternoon.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I feel your pain, we got 0 here in ohio where I live.

3. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    we got a skift of snow here in eastern iowa.. hope there getting more snow up north of us or the rivers are going to be dried up.. :crying:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry your daughter missed her party but tell he Happy B-Day from me.
    Man, 19". Heck we haven't had 19" in 15 years. LOL. If we get any snow or ice, its play time for a couple days. LOL.
    The way Texas weather is. Anything could happen in the next few weeks. We could still get a one or 2 day snow/ice storm, maybe a couple inches or so. That doesn't sound bad but it will be for here. Lot of dead limbs etc. will fall. Elect. will probably go out for a few daysWe are never prepared for that kind of weather. And most people around here dont know how to drive on snow and ice so the wreckers service will big busy. . I'll fire up my wood stove and go to cooking chili and stew and build a snow man. LOL..
    Most of our winter has been dry and average temps in 70's. One or 2 days of 30"s.
    Past couple days with wind blowing and in the 30's, it cold to me. LOL.
    Bad thing about our mostly warm winter is plants, our fruit trees has started blooming. I think the past couple days of cold weather is going to kill the blooms and we still have the rest of this month to go.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well 15 here in maryland where i live just down the road my buddy has 22 so i got lucky. But it looked great today wet snow all over the trees.

6. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Daughter says thank you Dano,and heck they dun know how to drive in the snow around here,LMAO

Some idiots doin well over the speed limit slippin an slidin all over.Is scarey at times drivin around here in the snow.

River is beautiful here with snow covered banks,gonna head out tommorrow after werk,will bring the boat out if the ramp isn't too bad and no ice in the river.

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i wish i got 19 inches of snow here. I could miss school for cancelation and then spend the day making money with the snowblower