Snow Storm

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Dec 19, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Well we just got back from Boone N.C.. My wife's father passed and we attended a funeral in the snow. It was beautiful and i guess being a mountain man of 70+ yrs he wouldn't have wanted it no other way. I really wished i had took my camera but when i left 5 days ago i had no idea i wouldn't be comming back for awhile. I guess i should had stayed last night because the snow was already a foot or so on the roads and was really comming down. I figured when we got to the foot of the mountain it wouldn't be so bad. I was Wrong, it was bad almost all the way home. We left the snow about Gastonia NC but then run into the freezing rain and sleet. The usuall 3 hr trip took more than 5hrs. We seen a lot of folks that had to leave there cars and trucks on the roadside or ditch. I guess the 4-wheel drive toyota finally came to some use. We didn't have any problems other than not being able to see at times. It was a beautiful trip but i would had felt better if daylight hadn't run out on us. Well now i'm back and ready to get back to fishn. I get back and here tell of these guys thats been fishn in our fishn holes and done caught that 53lb catfish again. I hope he was released so i can catch him in Jan., if not i guess i will just catch Bowler's 62lb'er:big_smile: Its good to be home.

By the way, i drove home and my wife (from the mountains) said if she had been driving, it would had took us only 2 hrs.:eek:oooh:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Glad you made the trip home safe. And yes, This snow has been beautiful. One thing that makes it even more so, I can't ever recall seeing Christmas lights in the snow..

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Good on you guys for the snow.I wish my kids couls see it for Christmas.

4. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    dean, any fish caught on my boat over 10lbs you will be able to catch again or at lest have the opportunity. unless its a striper or a mermaid

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Sorry to hear about your Father in Law Dean,please pass our sympathys on to your wife.
    Been a few good fish caught while you were away.Maybe you can get back on em soon.

6. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    sorry to here about your father in law. but dont worry i let the 53 pounder go but i had a little talk with him before i let him go. hes gonna come find me in january so i wont have to look

7. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    dean glad to see you made it back alright hopefully i will see you on the water soon i missed you @ the torny maybe ill get to meet you soon

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Tough times Dean, but YOU know who will get you through.

Prayers are with you and your family.

:wink:

9. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Dean you and your family are in my prayers. Glad you guys made it home safe!