Snow is coming

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Dec 23, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well most of us have a four day holiday weekend and by the sound of the weather report it wont be fit to get out doors.

They are calling for blizzard like condition in our area starting somtime tomorrow with 12-15" of snow and 40mph winds around Topeka.

I wish all of your family and friends make safe travel during the Holiday weekend.
    I have a Son trying to get back For Christmas from out of state flying into Kci around 3pm tomorrow.Its not looking good so far.But maybe the weather man is wrong.

It will break the wife's heart if he cant make it in.

2. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Tom, I hope your boy makes it in safe and sound.
    We have a nephew driving in from South Dakota tomorrow to be with his wife, and kids for Christmas. That's gonna make for a slow, white knuckle drive, but I know it won't stop him.. :eek:oooh:
    Having a white Christmas will be cool, as long as no one get hurt.

Everyone be safe.

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I hope for both of them to arrive safe. My inlaws came today and Mom is driving out from Dodge tomorrow. That will be a slow drive from there with the wind are predicting.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Wichita usually seems to slip by alot of the time with these storms while northern KS gets hammered.:smile2: You guys can have em.:wink:
    I might try to go get a Christmas kittie if the river aint froze.:crazy:
    Safe travels for anyone who has to drive/fly in this crap.
    To he!! with everyone who wishes for a white Christmas.:smile2::wink:

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I wouldn't mind the snow if it would stay off the streets:big_smile:.

Topeka seems to have a real big problem when it comes to clearing the snow off.They usally just let it melt or have the traffic beat it down.

I hope you can get out Kyle and catch a Christmas cat.

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    you guys getting the snow and we're getting freezing rain then all rain christmas day at least thats what they say.. hope all arrive safe thru the bad weather

7. Silvercreek

Silvercreek New Member

State:
    Kansas, Marion Reservoir
    Currently, (6:00) 45 mph winds. No rain, sleet, or snow. Daughter is a Level 1 trauma nurse at Wesley in Wichita. She had to go in today. Yuck. Good day to stay inside and tie some flys or some drop shot sinkers. LOL Wife's sister is a nurse in Lawrence, she just texx'ed us, they have snow and the power is out in parts of Lawrence. Stay warm everyone.

8. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    No snow yet, but that wind is pickin up. She is somethin firece.:crazy::embarassed:
    Trash came this mornin and I had to pick up the trash can down the street.:tounge_out:

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Tom I hope the son makes it home for Christmas Safe and sound. snowing here in western Iowa as we speek and the weather guesser say it don't look good for the next 48 hours,Hope he's Wrong.Merry Christmas to you and yours,J.D.

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks JD, and a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

He's flying to Dallas right now from the west coast gets in there around 11am and then into KCi around 2pm so we are hoping it holds off for a little while.

Jsut rain here right now and the winds are picking up.
    Hoping it will miss us but not wishing this storm on anyone else either.

Be safe out there..

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We are in the 6-10 inch band, my baby is 38, so there will be no sleds under the tree and I can do without the snow.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Hope all the relatives make it in safely and you all enjoy the Holidays. Stay safe and Merry Christmas to one and all!!!:wink:

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Merry Christmas to you and your family Larry.

I can do with-out the snow as well...

Yesterday they were saying Topeka could get between 10-13" today I have heard 3-6" so who knows:confused2:

Right now its rain mixed with sleet.Roofs are getting white:sad2:

Stay safe out there!

13. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Snowing here now, after a light dusting of sleet.
    Big fat flakes.:smile2:

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ray I hope your nephew make's it in safe.Let just hope he can dodge the storm some how.

I just got a text from Aaron and he's delayed at Dallas.He's been on the plane for over a hr and they are deicing the plane for the 2nd time.

And now its starting to snow big flakes here in Topeka on top of ice.

Not looking good..

15. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    We are just starting to ice up a little here on the elevated surfaces, streets should follow in the next couple of hours. The forecast for later is for big time snow. Tiffany's dad is driving in from South Carolina, were hoping he gets in soon.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks for the report back your way Gary.We hope Aaron's on the way back now and can beat this storm.

Were praying for everyone's family & freinds headed into Kansas makes it safe.

17. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Safe travels for everyone! That has to suck. Ive never traveled for Christmas, and for that I am grateful!!:big_smile::smile2:
    Snow is startin to pile up a bit, but you can still see the grass stickin up. The wind is creatin some snow tornados.:tounge_out:
    :0a18:

18. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    The snow is really coming down hard at times now. My house sits back off of the road about 400 feet, and there has been a couple of times in the last hour that I haven't been able to see it.:sad2:

19. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well my Mom and aunt got here about 30min ago. 5 hr drive turned into 7hrs but they made it safe.

20. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good to here that Chris..

Aaron got to our house at 9pm last night after a he!! of a ride from KCI airport.
    He left the west coast (Ca) at 6am yesterday for a trip that should of only been about 3.5 hrs and it turned into 15hrs.

But were just glad he made it back safe.

He said driving back from KCi there was times he couldn't even see the road with the blowing snow.