Snow camo for my rifle

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by bnewsom71, Dec 10, 2008.

1. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Hey folks! I have been lookin' for a solid white cover for my 25-06 so I can use it in the snow killin' critters. It seems to be tough to find. Anyone have any suggestions?:big_smile:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You might also want to look at Hunters specialties They have no mar gun tape in snow camo pattern

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    In the 60's I saw country folk in cold country tear old sheets in about 2'' strips and wrap them around their rifles.They would then pull the ends tightly under the wrap.

They would also wear old sheets.They looked like they belonged to the klan or something.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    White vet wrap works. It sticks to itsself and not your gun.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i'd go with the strips of sheets personally. no adhesive to gum up your gun, cheap and probably pretty effective. hey it worked in 'red dawn' on russians!
    on a serious note, the guys i hunted coyotes with in new mexico would wrap up in sheets. it was pretty effective, and you didn't have to get a whole new outfit to match the terrain. they would streak the sheets with lines of blurred boot polish to break up the outline.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I never used camo on a rifle, but I would go with old white sheets, or towels. Its inexpensive, and readily available. Also easy to replace. White camo clothing is available too.

7. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! I went ahead and got some tube socks and used them. They work pretty slick - easy to put on it and easy to take off. And the best part - extremely cheap.

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I use gray sweat suit for snow camo. The tube socks is a great idea.

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    the socks are a good idea. the bagginess of them would further break up your outline.