Snow Again?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Jan 11, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

Did anyone else get any snow? It snowed a few minutes earlier tonight. We got maybe 1/64". That's plenty enough to to dismiss school tomorrow, bring out the salt trucks and create general chaos.:cowboy:

2. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    We havn't yet but could per the experts, but kids are out all the same, have roads up here you have to pipe sunshine in to melt the snow so whether it snows or not, we are out, my wife's a teacher and it's another day off...

3. festus

festus New Member

Yep, I live right on the very eastern edge of county line. If I drive in a westerly direction toward the county seat, the elevation increases dramatically and so does the snow. We've not had any bad roads in my immediate area until you'd drive about 3-4 miles west. So we can have perfectly dry roads and school is out in the entire county. They might get 7" to 8" of snow in the west end of the county, and we might not get a drop.

4. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Hee Hee! Doesn't help my kids if it does snow, we homeschool!

5. festus

festus New Member

I can't blame you for homeschooling, Deb. It's a good idea. I hate to admit it, but sports are put above academics in this county. However, I'm lucky and attended schools in another county. That doesn't mean that kids out here can't get a good education, however. Several doctors, lawyers, and other professionals have come from here. They just have to work a little harder.