Snelling hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by fisherman94580, Feb 2, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I tried snelling a hook last night, and it seems to be a pretty strong little knot. Do any yall use a snelled hook for catfishin?

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    all the time!
    i feel that it helps in my hookups

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use snelled hooks most of the time and a must on turned up eyes. I hope this helps.:lol:

4. kansas bluecatter

kansas bluecatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I tie all my hooks with a snell knot. When properly done it yeilds almost a 100 percent break ratio. Meaning if you are using 20 lb test the knot won't cut the line at 17 pounds. Most guys use an Octopus style hook with a down turned eye to tie a snell but you don't have to. If you tie a snell with a regular hook it will kind of load the hook and aid in better hookups. Once you master the snell you can also use it to tie double hook rigs which are great in states that will allow you to use more than one hook at a time. So check your states regs before tying a multiple hook rig. John Jamison

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I pre tie all my hooks with snell knots on a 2' #80 mono leader and bag them up so they are always ready to tie on when fishing. I mostly tie them when setting here watching a movie or on the chat room.