Snelling hooks

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by JNHoffman57, Aug 29, 2009.

1. JNHoffman57

JNHoffman57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    When you tie on, do you guys snell tie your hooks??

Just curious... :big_smile:

2. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yes. With no overlapping line on the outside of the snell wraps. Most tie a Uni-Knot snell which works just fine as well.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i started snelling my own hooks and i like it. i am getting older and am having trouble seeing in poor light. snelling is a lot easier than tying and seems to work real good.

4. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    yeah i snell my own hooks, theres a guy on youtube that has some good tying vids. his name is the average fishermen.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    i snelled my hooks for years then stopped had to remember how to do it again but i snell all of them now

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our own handsome, Big George has a snelling video on the BOC. Some good tips from tying to storage. Look it up, you will be glad you did.

7. JNHoffman57

JNHoffman57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have some 50lb braid on one of my rods and I was curious about snelling the hooks when I tie on with that because the braid has the diameter of 12lb mono so it gets into the nook where the loop on the hook closes up... Seems strong but it scares me that it's getting pinched up and rubbin in there. Probably should just tie it up to the eye and forget the snell for this situation???

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In that case Jeremy I would go with a heavy mono or fluorocarbon leader.:big_smile:

9. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I PREFER TO USE A CLINCH KNOT BECAUSE I MADE A JIG THAT I MAKE ALL MY LEADERS ON :wink:

ILL SCRAPE THE INK OFF A $$$ BEFORE I LET IT GO :smile2:

KINDA RARE FOR A TEENAGER HUH???

LeRoy