Snare catch

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by beetle, Jan 9, 2010.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a nice surprise the other day on the line. The female coyote on the RH side weighed 29.5lbs and the male on the LH side weighed 43lbs. The two snares were set in trails that passed beween two fields. 3/32" 7 x 7 cable with kaatz Bro relaz-a-lock. This is the first year using that lock and when I built my snares I was not sure how well they would do, looks like so far they are working as good as the relaxing locks I have used in the past.

Attached Files:

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Good looking dogs Roger ... that old male looks pretty hefty. I haven't found any place like you show there to tray my snares ... Great job.

Garry-

3. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Nice catcch, There is nothing I miss more than trapping/snareing and outsmarting a animal.

4. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Nice catch.
    I love using snares.
    Most of my catch this year was snared.
    I make my own and used cam locks for the 1st time this year. I'm definately sold on them.
    I also made 20 DPs. I was also pleased with their performance.
    Have a good 1
    just

5. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Everyone I talk to thats not from near here are using snares. Wish we could on land. They are legal for beaver if at least half the loop is under water. Hard to get a yote that deep in the water, lol. We've got footholds out for yotes but its a chore to keep them operating in the ice and snow. Nice pics and congrats.

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i tried snaring and trapping a while back, but i could never get the hang of it. looks like you have though... good catches... i hope you put them muts down, they are over running us back home.