snapping turtle disposal

Discussion in 'Turtle Talk' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jan 16, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok folks here is how to dispose of turtles.

1 set a jug,trap, trotline, bankline, net, shootem and or tnt. then try this

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58601

if ya cant cook freeze meat and ship overnight to

cat4uandme
    p.o. box try a turtle 105 north stop wasting them ave suit300
    you dont know what your missing, illinois 61778

brought to you by eat a turtle foundation 08

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Thats the longest address I have ever seen

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I must admit that is rather digusting my friend, rather disgusting indeed. :crazy::eek:oooh: I guess it's just not my thing! Your directions to cleaning a turtle were very well written and thorough. If I ever get the urge/need to eat a turtle I believe I can do it now!!!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    after a bite you would be hooked. better than catfish if ya ask me. im sure most that have had it would agree.

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    You're probably right!!:smile2::smile2: Course as long as I've been catfishing, I've never taken one home to eat. I've eaten catfish maybe twice ever and that was in a diner.

I don't know, I've seen alot of snappers and when I see 'em, the last thing that comes to mind is the thought of eating one. Of course if I were in dire need of food that would be another story.

You're directions along with the photos were great! You could write assembly directions for those pieces of furniture that come in a small box that require assembly!!

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep, im oppisite. i see a fat old 50lb snapper in thinking 4-5 diners.

i built my boat from an erector set. lol.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    shoot, turtle is awesome. jeremy you have put up the best how to on that that i have ever seen on the net. i think if anyone who is not a tree hugging vegetarian ate some slow cooked snapper, they would not be able to tell you what it was, and they would definitely go back for seconds or thirds.
    i think a lot of folks interested in trying turtle are intimidated by the task of cleaning one. it's good to have info put up like this so maybe they will see what they are missing out on. :wink:
    i also think you should do a post of how to clean a softshell. they taste better, but are a little harder to clean, since they don't have that small plastron.

8. FishinPhil

FishinPhil New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I love turtle! Several of the landowners down by my dad's house want the turtles gone, so we set lines for them every summer. My mom makes incredible turtle soup, with just a dash of sherry. Yummy!

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    glad to see your article made it too the library brother jeremy!!! ill have to start spreading that link all over the net now. :wink:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I gotta admit,Jeremy,You got a writing talent. Keep up the good work. And no matter how anyone thinks of turtles. The eat great.

11. aburk

aburk New Member

State:
    Tucson, AZ
    Good god this thread is making me hungry, me and my brothers would pull these big bastards out of the mud with our bare hands all the time, and man are they the best thing since sliced bread!

12. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy, Well done article.

I have a friend who makes a slit in the neck, sticks end of water nozzle in it & holding the skin tight inflates with water. He says it loosens the skin from the meat. Just wondering if you ever tried it?

13. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i read a post on the original boc about doing that, but i never got to try it. momma FORBIDS eating turtles, hahaha. next time we go to oklahoma i might cook some up for my buddy at the farm, he says he'll eat it if i cook it.

14. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tuuuuurrrrttle!!!!!! makes my mouth water just thinking about it!!!!:smile2:

15. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Gosh I wonder if there any restaurants serving them and what rivers of southwst MI their in? :smile2:

16. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Just outstanding, Jeremy!! Thanks for laying it out so well.

Those feet look like the dried/cured feet they sell at alligator farms. Have you considered them as a horrid little momento of dinner at Jeremy`s? lol

Thank You

17. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the post, those were great instructions. Do you know if there is a market for selling snappers? I have a bunch of ponds that are full of them. I would like to control them and possibly make a little fishing cash doing it if at all possible.

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thanks fellas.

ok. there is a bar that serves turtle and frog legs here.

and two where are you in missouri? i would be willing to make some sort of arrangemant for turtles. live or dressed. i love them.

19. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    That turtle meat looks so good, makes you wanna slap your momma :big_smile:. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the article. It was very informative.

20. tncater19

tncater19 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i think ill just let them keep on goin bout there buss.