snap on bobber

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by trctrdr, Sep 8, 2009.

1. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I really don't like bobbers with the spring on the end, always getting tangled. Does anyone know where to get the good old bobbers with the snap on line connector, you know the long slender ones with a stem on both ends? Where did they all go?

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i get the red and white foam ones and cut up the side so i can just slide it on my line cause sometimes it needs to come off

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I had one a long time ago, but its gone now, I would figure ya could use a round one, or a slip bobber tho. Haven't seen any of the old style in a long time.

4. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to have about a dozen of them, now I'm down to just one. Used to be able to buy them anywhere, several differant brands, now I can't find them anywhere.

5. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    Try running a search for them on ebay,check every few days and you should be able to find some.

6. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I did find a company called Betts Billy boy bobbers that shows them, I will call them later today and see where to buy them.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Haven't seen any of the old style in a long time.

8. moondog58

moondog58 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    As a kid and most of my life I used the red and white round clip on bobbers. Had some small round cork bobbers, which I can't find any more, but Wal-Mart has the red and white clip on.

I just started using the ones that have a long stem on the top and bottem. They have a spring on them, no trouble so far.

I made some bobbers for the kids out of wine corks, drilled a whole right down through the center and stuck a tooth pick in it. Works like a charm.

9. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    hey fellas..my friend uses this float and swears by it...I started using it and my bream catch has inproved 10 fold...it is called the thill mini shy bite...

the float is in line and has no drag on it whatsoever..the float uses 2 silicone sleeves, one on either side so it does not pinch you line like the spring types

here is a link...

size 3 1/8 works for me

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0011798319433a.shtml

10. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
  11. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    ive recently started usin the slip rig system. i love it cuz i can get down to 15 foot no problem. i used to hate to try that with a regular bobber.