Snakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by PaCatfishHunter, Apr 14, 2008.

1. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Who likes them and who hates them. I hate them with a passion and I had a run with one this weekend. Friday night I got a real bad cold so I was not feeling real good. I get to the lake saturday morning around 5:30am and am fishing by 6:00am. After two hours I decide to call it quites. Not feeling good and did not need to get worst. On my way home I stop at a creek and going to take a closer look for the future. I walking down to the creek and I must of scared the snake as he took off over my foot (He scared me). I think it was harmless as I guess it was a Black Rat snake (Again, I hate snakes so I am far from knowing my snakes). He was black and a little bit bigger than a golf ball and I say about 3' long. They are the only thing about fishing that I don't like. Very little bothers me in this world but snakes are one of them. I am surprise I did not scream like a little girl.

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    LOL!

the last time snakes came up on this forum it almost ended the free world as we know it. it is amazing how many ppl on here strongly hate them and how many ppl strongly love them. good luck bro... for the record, i kill some, i let some go. just like skeeters. some drink some dont.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James I bet you were stepping high all the way back to the car. A friend and I carried several small logs to place on a creek bank fire one night. When the fire started getting the logs hot, my friend let out a hollow and said look. A cottonmouth snake was coming out one of the logs. It was difficult to concentrate on fishing that night.

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Lmao!!!! Snakes don`t bother me in the least, I used to keep pythons and boas as pets.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Snakes don't bother me. Just don't like to be surprised by them. I can pick them up and handle them now. Used to be afraid to do that.

6. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    SNAKES DON'T BOTHER ME. WHAT REALLY DOES IS SPIDERS, WORSE THAN SPIDERS ARE THEIR WEBS.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I grew up in Indiana dodging copperheads and cottonmouths. Those water snakeds here in PA are toy poodles compared to those southern Indiana snakes.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I hear you on them SPIDERS now that`s something I don`t like,the only dangerous snakes we have are timber rattlers up north and the copperheads.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Snakes don't bother me, spiders don't really bother me either, but it does bother me when I walk into one of those big webs trying to walk into the deer woods in the dark. We got some big ugly ones that look like they would love to bite ya...:big_smile:

10. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I really don't like snakes at all. I've come to the conclusion that is why God made .410 shotguns. :wink: I have worked out a compromise with them, though. If they will stay out of my site then I won't kill them.

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont like snakes i try stay away from them

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was raised in the river bottoms on a minnow farm in south Ark. cottonmouths and rattlers were thick. Had a few close calls but never bitten. A spider on the other hand, brings the chicken out in me. I can glance at a snake and tell what it is, spiders are all an 8 legged threat in my book.

13. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    O K SANKE LOVERS WAIT UNTIL THE COTTONMOUTH'S TRY AND TAKE YOUR BOAT OVER THEN WE SEE WHAT YOYU SAY BAITCHUNCKER KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT THESE SO. ALABAMA SNAKES ARE LIKE ON THE DELTA:0a23:

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YAETERDAY BECAUSE IT HAS COME AND GONE LIVE TODAY TO IOT'S FULLEST PRAISE HIM AND GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I can sit at home and watch a hundred shows about snakes, watch them kill their prey, mate, ext. But when I'm fishing just the site of one big or small. I'm out of there

15. mrguffy

mrguffy New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Snakes don't bother me much, but spiders get my attention. I was bitten by a Brown Recluse about 5 years ago, and almost lost my leg, took about 8 months to heal . I use a lot of bug killer now.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like snakes, always have. Spiders are very interesting too but I wont share my space with any thing that is poisonous. As for snakes I won't kill one if I can dissuade it's presents. A spider wont last long in the house now that I have grandkids running around. They all may not be deadly, but they can sure make a nasty infected bite. The little ones are just to curious. They can all startel me and make me jump though. lol

17. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    Yes I was. I was not running back to the car but I sure was walking very fast.

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I use to own a reptile store about 15 years ago. So my answer is aint skeered at all. I use to handle the poisonous ones back then but figured I better give it up while still not dead.

19. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I'm not afraid of snakes as long as I can see them. The ones I'm afraid of are the ones I can hear but can't see. Now around the house I'll kill everyone of them I see around the house except a King snake. And I durn shore don't want one in the house. Don't care what kind it is.

20. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    If an area looks real snakey, I'll walk a little more careful through it. I don't worry about it too much though.