Snakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by run-catfish-run, Jun 11, 2009.

1. run-catfish-run

run-catfish-run New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Has anyone else notice a more than normal amount of snakes this year. Seems everytime out there atleast 3-4 snakes where I am fishing. Go to catch bait more snakes seems there always at them 2 places though they must love the chubs. I am not a snake expert by anymeans but what are the all brown snakes in northern Indiana. Are there more cause of all the rain?

2. catwilly

catwilly New Member

State:
    nw illinois
    i have seen em around here too, all the rain must be driving them out of there spots. time to watch the yards

3. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I haven't seen a single snake yet...I kinda like seeing them, very cool animals. If it's a solid shade of brown it could be a copper belly water snake...they are pretty common in Indiana.

4. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I saw a black one with yellow rings around his body. He was a pretty snake but not sure what he was. He was in very shallow water when I saw him which was a start because I was too.:crazy:

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm not cool with snakes. I sat on one while catching gills and it bout gave me a heart attack:eek:oooh:

6. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    is that any relation to a copper headed rattlesnake:smile2::smile2:

7. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    The only snake i've seen so far this year tried to get cozy with my sweatshirt. If Big, Bad, snake wrangler Shane(WhiteriverBigcats) wouldn't have been there i would be a goner!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i seen a few snakes at monroe lake last time i was out there and there has been couple in pond where i caught gills but not seen to many tho

9. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Sounds like rattle headed copper mocassins to me.Make eye contact with one and your a goner.

10. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Brown snakes are dead (or gonna be pretty quick) snakes..... Come to think of it so are green, black, red, yellow, gray, and white ones.....:crazy:

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    That makes 2 of us!:crazy:

12. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    AMEN BROTHER KEEP ON PREACHING!:wink::cool2::eek:oooh:

13. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Yeah, I saw one eat a pig one time. Heard they make good flathead bait though but you gotta spray them with WD-40, soak in cherry kool aid and french kiss them first....

14. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There are good snakes and bad snakes.. the ones I know that can bite me and force me to have to go straight to the hospital and make me leave my fishing hole are bad snakes.. the ones that just lay there and look at ya like " Yo, Leave me be " are good snakes... the ones that get close die faster then you can blink ( Unless i know for a fact they are not deadly ) all other I return to the woods. But thats not many..

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dustin, my 10 y/o ain't afraid of snakes... hes dubbed himself "the snake hunter":roll_eyes:... I predict he'll get the shit bit out of him soon. lol

16. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    I dont mean to sound like an ass.....Who am I tryin to kid, yes I do. Why do u wanna kill the snakes. YOU are in their territory. YOU are the 1 disturbing their homes. THEY are more scared of you then you are of them. If ya see a snake while ur fishin, then just leave him alone. What have they ever done to hurt you? Look at ur size & then look at the size of a snake. IF I had my way, snakes would be mightier than man & we'd be running for our lives. If it werent for snakes, we'd be over run w/ rats & mice. I actually feel sorry for people like you - ur ignorant when it come to snakes. If this post makes anyone mad, then good deal. I've done my job:wink:

17. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I agree with your post except for the "they are more scared of you than you are of them" part. I never saw a snake crap himself when I startled him.:embarassed:

18. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    For one .That would be a messed up world if snakes were mightier than us. I agree with u on a few points that yes we are in their territory and yes they do keep the mice and rat population down. But yha can't really blame people for killing them. I mean they are perfectly camo'd up in their enviroment. And if i were to let a snake go away when i first saw it and then later leave the spot i was at and go back to my car and then get biten by the thing cause he was in another spot lying in wait for some prey to go by and instead I startle the crap outta him then i get biten and then i have to rush to the hospital and get some anti-venom drug shot into me just to have a chance at liveing. NO thanks i'd rather kill the thing and avoid all that.:confused2:

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm not much into the Idea of snakes being mightier than man either... that would pretty much suck! lol.
    I don't kill 'em for the hell of it either. Ever been to reelsfoot lake in TN? A heaven for the snake lover-they have a serious snake infestation.

20. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    You make absolutely NO sense.