Snakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Whiskerstalker, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    I dont know if I got this in the right location or not, but I just wanted to show y'all what my other hobby is - besides catfishin'.
    I run a SNAKE RESCUE out of my home. Along with doing EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS for adults & children. Kinda like a grown-up "show & tell" type of thing. I currently have 5 snakes. Here are the pics. of them.

Shrek Normal Burmese Python:
    [​IMG]

Fiona Albino Burmese Python:
    [​IMG]

Lightning Pueblan Milk Snake:
    [​IMG]

Hoss Redtail Boa Constrictor:
    [​IMG]

Medusa Yellow Anaconda:
    [​IMG]

Hope ya enjoy them.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Cool pic's Bryan,How long you been doing that for?

3. Whiskerstalker

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    I have 23 yrs exp. w/ the monster snakes (pythons & boas) I have 40 yrs all together with all snakes. As far as the rescue is concerned, I just recently started that with my wife as the brains:smile2:. I have the handling exp. she has the paperwork end of it covered. We are a young rescue as of right now, but w/ BIG plans in the future. I want to be able to hold classes / seminars in the future about handling & caring for these snakes that people buy when they are cute & small. But eventually grow to anywhere from 8' up to & including 20+' & weighing in around 30# up to & including 200+#.

Big retics (reticulated pythons & green anacondas) are nothing to mess with UNLESS ur a very experienced handler. They WILL grow to enormous lengths - anywhere from 18' - 28' in length & can very easily kill a man/woman/child.

Believe it or not, Anacondas are NOT a python. They are however a Boa.

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    great info brother.. ill leave the business end of that deal on you.... snakes dont really bother me, but im glad i glad i know someone who knows more bout em than me ..............just in case.....:wink:

5. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    You and my son would gat along well, He has a few. Don't ask me what they are I do not gat into snakes. Not my kinda thing.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    That's great to hear Bryan. Unfortunately, snakes are misunderstood by most.

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Pretty cool Bryan! My boy "inherited" a corn snake from his aunt when she moved to California this winter. Simon is about 13 yrs old and 5 feet long. She's a great snake! The kids love her! I may be PMing you with some questions. Nice to know I now have access to a snake expert!

8. Whiskerstalker

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    You can ask me anything anytime brother. If I know the answer, I'll be more than happy to help. If I dont know the answer, I know people that do. Corn snake are sweet little snakes & a GREAT beginner snake.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Snakes are awsome. ( when its the right kind ) But when its the wrong kind im not freindly to them at all.. but my favorite way to catch black snakes are to let them bite me.. they think they are all big and bad till they chomp down and realize it aint doing them any good. Love to catch rattle snakes too.. Beleive it or not I love all animals but i do know when and abundonce is a bad thing and they have to be delt with...

But its neat that u have all those.. I have never messed with an anoconda. I think it would be neat to check out.. the other guys are just little fellas..

10. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Cool pics. I used to have a rather large albino burmese female and a california king, the python was 15+ feet long. I lost em both about 6 years ago, we had an Ice storm and had no electricity for almost two weeks, you can guess what happened. Thanks fer the pics.

11. Whiskerstalker

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Sorry to hear ya lost ur snakes bro. I know what its like to lose them. It hurts. & y'all are welcome for the pics. I recieved 4 new 08 baby Ball Pythons yesterday as a matter of fact. I'll post pics later.

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Brother,
    That is too cool!! One of my passions is snakes also! Particularly the boids. I once tried to rescue a burmese from an agancy but by the time they got done screening me it wasnt feesible anymore. A local pet store here used to have two gigantic burmese. one was 12 ft and the other was 17+! the 17ft snake drowned. According to the owner, it had just gotten done eating a pretty big pig and since it was a hot day the snake got into the guys pool and sunk like a rock...he came home to find it that way...I would love to do some volunteer work with big snakes!

13. Whiskerstalker

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    If ur serious about workin w/ the big snakes, I'd do some checkin around w/ ur local HERP SOCIETIES, zoos, rescues & the DNR. Call the DNR to check w/ them to see if you have to have any special permits / licenses to rescue snakes in ur neck of the woods. Luckily here in Indiana I dont need permits to operate a SNAKE RESCUE & EDUCATION - unless I decide to start working with venomous snakes. I currently have the snakes already posted & added 4 new ones to the mix. I adopted out the YELLOW ANACONDA to someone that has far more experience in them than I do. I wish you luck.