Snakeheads on Nat Geo Channel

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by rush_60, Aug 27, 2008.

1. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Anyone see the special on the National Geographic Channel about the Snakehead fish. It was on 8/25. I only caught the last of it but these guys were trying to catch snakeheads in their native waters for DNA. Anyway the boat they were using to fish from was like a jon boat / canoe hybrid. It was made of wood. It was flat bottomed but not very wide. They had a mud motor on the back and could paddle when fishing. The guy in the front was standing and fishing so it looked pretty stable. Probably 16-20 feet long. I thought it would be a cool boat to try to build.

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I saw it last night also. There was a few shows on here about the snakeheads. 29 know species of them known so far. And a lot of them are already here...big trouble on the way.

That boat was neat. The motor looked like a weed -eater, LOL.

-Jim-

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
  4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Wow, that is one cool looking boat! I especially like that platform on the front.

The whole subject about snakeheads is quite frightening, though. Virginia fishermen are certainly warned to be on the lookout, since snakeheads have invaded our waters. This is one mean fish.

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    hopefully they can be brought under control.

6. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    that would be a cool boat to have

and snakeheads are evil:eek:oooh: