Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was watching River Monster show, yesterday, and it was about Snakehead,,
anyone catch these things,, and,, Are they GOOD to eat??
They look like a bunch of fun to fish for, even though they were being talked about as being a threat to fisheries..

· Registered
718 Posts
not sure if i have caught one or not , we have a mud fish here in florida that looks simalar but they are two diffrent fish. i do know that snakeheads are common up in north florida rivers and now private ponds and even golf course ponds . and are treated just like a flat head catfish ........ forcefully removed form all florida waters if caught any way :( sad about the flat head cat fish can't we just lose the gar and half of the gators ?

· Registered
514 Posts
I think they can crawl along out of the water, so I bet they get back in the water before the ***** can get them. Just what Ive heard..
I was fixing to say the same thing. I've heard they can live something like 3 days out of water and crawl from one source of water to the next, that's why they are such a threat. Might need to start carrying a hatchet or a machete and whack the head off before you throw them up on the bank.

As for the other question, I've been told that snakehead is good to eat, but I couldn't tell you for sure, we thankfully don't have them here. Ask the Asians, I think snakehead is a delicacy in it's homeland.

· Registered
873 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.