Snakebit in LaCrosse

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by way west, Sep 24, 2009.

1. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Once again I've been skunked on the Mississippi. What started out as a good plan went sour right off the bat. First off, I couldn't locate any bluegills. I fished several likely spots for an hour and a half and the best I could come up with was a solitary perch. The other boats were stacked up below the dam so I went downstream to where we fished the last trip. No dice, so after a couple of hours I went to switch on the running lights and my bow light wouldn't work. I didn't want to risk a ticket so I fished around where I was until 1 a.m.. Convinced I was kicking a dead horse, I packed up and left. There wasn't any boat traffic on the river so I got back without incident......except for clipping the top of a wing dam with my prop. Luckily it didn't do any serious damage.

I caught a few hours sleep at my daughter's house in LaCrescent. It wasn't a completley wasted trip.......5 hours on the road, 3/4 tank of gas, dinged prop, burned out bow light....at least I got to have breakfast with my grandkids.

Sorry you guys missed all the fun.:embarassed:

2. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    sorry to hear that. I haven't had time to get out in a while. my usual fishing partner got skunked the last time he went also.

3. wisco_fisher

wisco_fisher New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Shux, well everyone is bound for those nights every once in awhile. I haven't been out nearly as much as I've wanted in the last 3-4 weeks, I know there is a few more good nights to come. I hope....

4. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    The whole western Wisconsin bunch has been quiet the past couple of weeks. Not even any good lies. What's happened? Did they quit selling beer down that way? That would really put a damper on Octoberfest.:crazy: