snake river in marsing

Discussion in 'IDAHO RIVER TALK' started by thoroughbred, Aug 12, 2008.

1. thoroughbred

thoroughbred New Member

State:
    ID
    ive heard and seen good luck out there gotten skunked my self but seen friend get 15lb cat outta there, tips anyone?

2. idaho23

idaho23 New Member

State:
    idaho
    Move around and try to avoid the areas right by the docks and bridge, there is way to much pressure in those areas. There are a ton of cats in every hole on the river. My best luck has been going upstream a ways from the park and pond. Use Sonny's Super Sticky Channel Catfish Dip. Works great!

3. thoroughbred

thoroughbred New Member

State:
    ID
    can u explain what you mean by pressure? i've heard from people there they dont fish by the bridge but they do fish by the dock matter of fact the last dock a guy told me he fishhes there casts about 15-20 feet from last dock and theres a shelf and thats the night and spot my friend caught the 15lb cat. so if not the docks can u give me some other spots to go along that side im sorry im new to fishing and as far as bait i have been using fresh shrimp, worms and stink bait and 1 more question can u sue circle hooks with the catfish dip? i have never used dip and dont know much thx sir

4. thoroughbred

thoroughbred New Member

State:
    ID

sorry one more question u say u have had best luck going upstream from park and pond which way would upstream be? towards the docks(left) or past the parks(right) again sorry im new to idaho and new to catfishing

Marc Heckaman likes this.
  5. idaho23

idaho23 New Member

State:
    idaho
    The bridge area gets hit by every mother and his brother in the area. The dock area and the easy access portion down stream have the heaviest pressure in that stretch of the river. I will go downstream a way to get into an area where there have not been as many people. The going is rough in all that brush. I also like to go upstream of the park as far as I can get. It may be coincidence but I seem to catch more and bigger cats than in the usual areas. Upstream is to your right if you are at the park looking at the river and bridge.

6. terrapin_station84

terrapin_station84 New Member

State:
    idaho
    i have bean fishing the snake river for years and seen my share of cats getting pulled out of that river.
    usually i fish below the swan falls dam, right now the bull head cats are hitting and a few bigger channel cats are starting to bite also..
    as for bait, worms are working better than any stink bait, or even cut bait. but the weather is still not warm enough.

7. idahocatfisherman

idahocatfisherman New Member

State:
    idaho
    has anyone been out lately went out to steck the other day it was slow only cuaght to cats

8. dip bait

dip bait New Member

Name:
    carl
    I have found so far that you catch many more cats after dark in the Snake river than in the day.They seem to feed more then. I have caught channel cats any where from 3 to 12 feet of water so far. I do agree with Idaho 23 about fishing bridges and docks they do get a lot of pressure. I find spots along the river that do not have much people sign and have slow moving water. Sonnys catfish bait really works great on channel cats I have been using it for 2 years and I have caught a bunch of great cats.