Snake In The Basement

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SHARON FLEMING, Oct 10, 2006.

1. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I need to share what happened to me this morning. First of all I am so deadly afraid of snakes that I can't even look at a picture of one and have been known to to vomit if I see one to close.

I went to go downstairs this morning to do laundry and I looked down and at the foot of the stairs lays this 8 foot anaconda(ok so it was a 10 inch garter snake) I screamed and fell up the stairs the snake crawls fo toward the family room and I try calling everyone I know to come and get that snake. Poor River Boy was 100 miles noth working in the corn field, my grandson was on a job about 20 miles away. JD was working, so I go back into the kitchen to get my purse and keys because there was NO WAY that I was staying in this house. As I go to go out the backdoor I looked to the bottom of the stairs and that darn snake was back and trying to get up on the first step, that really freaked me out. ON the way down stairs is a place where I hang my brooms and mops. I throw a broom at him and he stops, then I threw a dustmop at him and he backed up a little and I threw a sponge mop -no response- I finally picked up my swifter mop which is pretty heavy. I throw that at it and it hits him right in the head. the snake looked confussed and curled up in a ball.
    I am screaming and crying and calling PRB again and he says there is nothing He can do because he is 2 hrs away. I call my grandson again and he said he couldn't get over here until 2:eek:'clock but he would get one of his friends to come and get it out. The most horrrible part is that I har to keep looking at the snake because I didn't want it to crawl away, so every time it started to move I threw something else at him. All I could reach with out losing sight of him was some empty medicne bottles that was on the kitchen table...Ten minutes later my grandsons friend shows u[ at the back door.( I have never met Andy before) here I was standing on the landing sobing and crying my hair standing straight up and a roll of tv cable and empty glasses in my hand. This poor kid came and look at me and I knew he was trying not to laugh. He got the snake and took it with him amd asked me if I was going to be alright. I told him thank you and yes I would be fine. He called my grandson and told him he couldn't believe all of the stuff I had thrown at that one little snake. I am going to my daughters to spend the night and flying to IN in the morning(yes this trip was planned before the snake incident. I will never go in my basement again and I went out and bought all new clothes and I new suitcase because I would not go down to my ironing room to get the clothes I had planned on taking. When I come back MON. I am putting the house up for sale.

Thanks for letting me ramble, I just had to tell someone about the 8FT ananconda in the basement.:crazy:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    :lol: :lol: :lol: hate to laugh but its funny .

my mother is like that she cant even look at pics of snakes without wetting herself :lol:

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I'm sure my wife would react the same way in your situation! :lol:

4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sorry To Hear About Your Horrific Day.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Sharon I Told george NOT to throw that SNAKE in the basement!!! LOL. Your Friend J.D.:waaaht:

6. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Sorry about your ordeal but that is a pretty funny story.

We live in a subdivision that is kind of out in the country and most of the neighbors know that I'm into (knowledgeable about) snakes. So I frequently get a call and get to rescue a damsel in distress and find and remove a snake. And it is usually a harmless black rat snake.

Again sorry about your snake visitor but that was funny.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That poor little thing was probably trying to get in where it was warm. I don't like snakes either but I don't think I'm quit that scared. That is one of the funnyest stories I have heard in a long time.. I know it isn't nice to laugh but this time I can't help myself. Hang in there winter will be here before long ,then you will have some breathing room for a few months.
    That snake was probably afarid to move,didn't want to get hit again. :roll_eyes:

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Heck an 8ft Anaconda is small :lol:

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Don't know that I am that scared of them smaller ones but when they get bigger...LOOK OUT! Especially if they take me by surprise. Like the house we had built and hadn't gotten everything unpacked yet. Boxes all over the garage. I had a pair of those cheapie tennis shoes with the velcro straps and had walked into the garage and bent over putting them on and was setting the straps as I walked bent over and walked right upon this 5 foot black snake. Liked to have crapped my pants right there. Ran back into the house and grabbed the first gun I could grab. It just happened to be a .22 and I ran back out, shot a hole through the snake, bullet richocheted off the concrete, through a can of Thompson's water seal and then through the side of the bedroom dresser and into the sheetrock on the wall. I guess the Thompson's water seal kinda burned when it got in the wound on the snake cause he really started flopping all over the place and I thought to myself..."Suffer baby suffer". LOL. Cause I sure did.

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dude i understand! i would have bolted out of that house imediately, no doubt naked too!

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh, my, Sharon... glad that's over!

I had an encounter with an 8' black whip snake in our chick pen last summer. Alone at home, and this thing was coiled around one baby chick and had already killed another. No alternative but to climb into that pen and deal with him. Our hatchet was dull, but it did the job... eventually :confused2: Not an experience I care to repeat!!

Hope you're over your shock now.

Carolyn

12. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    That's right if dink seen a snake and you were behind him wel uuhh I feel sorry for ya Ole Dink will no doubt run you over screaming like a little school girl.

13. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I had a house full about to climb the walls too here a while back when i brought a coral king snake in the house. Trisha can't stand them. Snakes are more afraid of you then you are them!

14. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Chuck- that was funny, I am glad you survived
    Thank all of you for your coments NOW tell me how to get over this terrrible fear of snakes and beleive me when I say I am more afraid of them than they are of me. If there is a snake within 5 miles he will be sure to fine me.
    Caroyln you are so brave that snake could of eaten every chicken and I wouldn't be able to do a thing about because I would be running the other way like a bolt of lightning
    I am glad I could make you all of you smile.

15. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I HATE snakes. They freak me out.

16. rachelb

rachelb New Member

State:
    kentucky
    snake in the basement? u should see the snake in my pan

17. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm sorry you got a scare, but please tell me you aren't serious about selling your house just because there was a snake in your basement.

18. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i actually used to have 4 snakes and they are soo fun and cool to have.... they are pretty neat....

please dont sell ur house cause a snake in the basement.... i hope ur joking LOL

19. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i dont mind snakes its just when one touches me.. then i freak out

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    That was funny, but I understand your dilemma. I hate spiders worse than snakes.

Cats will kill and eat them. Do you have a cat? If not, get one and put it in the basement.

Take care.
    Cheryl