snake in its belly

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by scrappy, Jul 26, 2008.

1. scrappy

scrappy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    caught a 4.5 lbs channel on some sonnys a bit ago out of the local lake that had a 1 foot section of a water snake in its belly.It was big enough around to be a 2 to 3 foot snake at one time.
    I always check the gut of cat,channel or flat head if i feel anything in it.Always want to see what they been eating.
    Anybody else ever find any snakes in the bellys of cats?First time for me.:eek:oooh:

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    our brown water snakes favorite food is bullheads.:crazy:

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep! cut open a small flathead a month ago, and had a 32 inch water snake fall out on top my boot! Im scared to death of them too... rollo

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That would be an exciting experience Rollo, I have never witnessed this, but have heard plety of stories about it. It is kind of interesting that a fish would eat a snake. I wonder if that goes down head first?

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i dunno, but scared me.. I took pic.s of it...that was a first for me also...rollo

6. scrappy

scrappy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Maybe they do eat them head first?The part of the snake that wasnt digested yet was the tail.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we caught grinnel and mud cats on pieces of a cottonmouth i shot. i have found snakes, baby turtles and baby birds in fish stomachs.

8. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas

after wetting my self and pickin my sorry fainted butt off the floor i prob would have to get some new clothes and a trip to the ER

am scared to death of them too!!!