Snake Hides

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by TX Fisherman, Dec 14, 2006.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i go out to a friends ranch all the time and snakes are a real problem there, so we kill quite a few of them and we kill them cause the dogs kept getting bit and because they where eating all the fish out of a stock pond.. do any of you know if we can sell the skin? or mabe anyone know how to clean and cook them?

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Depending on the type of snakes you're talking about they might be eating "some" fish, but I seriously doubt they are your main problem. Sounds to me like you have a turtle problem.

3. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Rattlesnakes? Go to a rattlesnake hunt and find a professional that handles snakes. They pay for live snakes for the show. You'd just have to go to one to find out who does it.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used to catch em back when i was a young ,dumba$$but now im a little wiser and i just shoot em with a 22 i just cut up the center of the belly from the vent to the head or where it used to be then pull the hide off yank out the guts and wash in cold water then roll in flour or cornmeal and fry them up i like it you might too

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you want to go to a real Rattlesnake Roundup make the one at Sweetwater, TX. The guy that won in 2005 brought in 3500 pounds of snakes. LOL, that's what they said on that web site.
    We had them for a few years at Odessa but they never was as good as the one at Sweetwater.

6. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah we got a turtle problem too, and thanks for the suggestions on what to do with the snakes, where working on getting rid of the turtles, we had a trap, it was a square mad out of PVC pipe about 7 feet wide, it had a net that went under it and we baited it up, it didnt work to well...