Snagging spoonies at Eufala dam?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Brian D, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yesterday I was trying the sandbass below Eufala dam (caught 1),when i noticed several stringers with Spoonbills on them where the guys were fishing on the fence! I am pretty sure that you cant snag below Eufala,if this has changed,someone let a brotha know.I caught one last year there crappie fishing( 6 lb line and a 20 minute battle),this fish went between 40 - 50 lbs.The hardest thing in the world to do was let that fish go! but i felt a good feeling watching it swim away.Lets all do the RIGHT thing and battle these monsters,and only harvest them where it is legal to do so.

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brian, i've found out that some people just really are mentaly challenged, or down right stupid, up here on the Grand River i've seen people for years keeping spoonbill right up by the cable in plain day, sun out shining people all around, not even knowing or being discreet about it, and even to as far seen one guy, jump that 8 to 10ft fence and walk right up to the wall of the dam while GRDA workers where outside trying to snag anything he could hit, it amazes me how people like this don't get caught

3. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hey Brian I do not know a lot about spoonies so I decided to do some research. I did read on a Eufala site that you can not snag them below the Dam. I think people like this do get caught we just aren't able to see it happen!