Snagging from the bank in Missouri

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Seth, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Anybody here snag primarily from the bank? I normally snag from the boat when I got with my dad or my buddy and his dad down on the James River arm of Tablerock or on the Osage below Bagnell Dam.

The reason I ask is because I just have a little 2wd Ranger (great mileage!) and I can't haul a boat with it safely. Id like to try and find some places I could drive to and snag from the bank and have some good success.

So far the only place that has been recommended is the Schell-Osage area on the upper Osage arm of Truman. I plan on trying that out atleast once this year.

Is there any place on the Lower Osage that has good bank snagging? I live in Gasconade County and that is what is closest to home for me.

2. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Looks like fun, we can't snag anything in Ohio but carp.

3. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've always wanted to do some snaggin of them good ole spoonies! what is the best setup to use?

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I like to use a 10' to 15' surf rod fitted with a big surf reel and 80-100 braided line. The majority of people around here use a broom stick 6' rod with a big level wind Penn and 100+ pound dacron line.

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i snag from the bank. i use a 6ft 6 ozark snaggler with a abu 7000. I use 50 lb mono.