Snagging at Flamm City this Sunday.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Grumper, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    In case anyone wants to join in on the fun, I will be launching at Flamm City, Sunday evening to hopefully snag some spoonies. I think Ryan said he was gonna try to make it over after he dropped his son off, and Willie might join in too. :wink:

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    You know that I will be there. I just have to wait until around 5ish for his momma to come and get the boy. Did you get any hooks today Gary?

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm planning on hitting the river Sunday, I've never been snaggin' though, I think I might try my hand at going after the kitty's! What's the river look like down there guys?

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I was out on Wednesday and it was still up and very muddy with a lot of debris coming down. It should be dropping, I whent over the Missouri today and the trail dykes were back out of the water. That was probably a welcome sight to my ole buddy Bob.

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Man I am ready to put some hooks into some fish!!!!:smile2:

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I got some hooks. I bought the last ones that Dunn's had. I think I got 8 or so of the 10/0 trebles. I think I already have a couple here already to add to that. I just got back from the Truman ramp, got bored and had to go for a drive, and the water dropped alot. I was down there Sunday, and it was up in the parking lot. Now the boat ramp is actually out of the water, so it's dropped at least 8 or 10ft or so. Just my guess.:wink:

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    You ain't a kidding! The last fish I fought weighed somewhere in the 60lb range!:big_smile: I'm ready for that feeling again. If all else fails, we can go out and tear the asian's a new backside!:wink:

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thats fine by me, I mean we have a score to settle with those little buggers for what they did to your thumb.:smile2:

9. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    John swore that was an asian that day that did that to my thumb, but I think I just snagged something. I've snagged many a asian last year during the snagging opener, and I ain't never had one hit that hard.:smile2: Who knows, It may have been an asian. If it was, it was a godzilla asian!:smile2::eek:oooh:

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Either way, I bet that fish taught you a valuable lesson on not using your thumb when snagging.:smile2:

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I always use my thumb, I just don't troll as fast as we were going that day. Just the speed of the boat alone, was pulling line out on the reel, and I had the drag cranked all the way down.:confused2:

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    So on Sunday can you hook a guy up with a couple of those hooks.:smile2:

Well I am gonna go to bed and just leave it there at 999, that seems like a good round number. ;)

13. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    good luck to you all i hope you catch a whale!!:smile2:

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Ryan you bringing your boat on Sunday? or do you have any room for one more in yours Gary? I can't do any snagging, but I'd love to get out on the water.

15. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    Michael you should of went fishing with me yesterday it was a nice day to be on the river. i got a little red from the sun and caught some fish, your more the welcome to go fishing with me anytime.

16. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I am going to jump into Garys boat and attack those spoonies from the GrumpKraft on sunday. I don't know Mike he could probably fit the whole gateway membership in there.:tounge_out: I think Willie is going to go.

17. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    How big is Garys boat again i forgot?

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I think it is 30 ft long.:roll_eyes:

no its 24' with a 3 degree for more room.:smile2:

19. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    Dang i bet he spent a pretty penny for that!:crazy:

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Wish I could of went with you yesterday Jason, unfortunately I had some personal things that HAD to be taken care of yesterday other wise I would of been out there as nice as it was. It was killing me looking out the window at the clear blue sky.