Snaggin the Neosho River!

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by streamer78, Apr 12, 2008.

1. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm considering heading down to snag the Neosho River Sunday 4-13. I'll be taking my boat down with me. Was wondering were would be the best. Not sure if the river will be down enough to put the boat in at riverview park on the east side, to go down river. Or should I put in on the opposite side and run up river, I dont know where the best fishing would be? Don't know which would be best! I've never ran up river from the Miami park, are there any low water dams to watch out for up that way? Any help would be appreciated!

2. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jarred,
    If I am reading the water gage data correctly the Neosho hase came up 10 feet in the last two days? It was at 748.00 Thur. and its at 758.00 today. Will one of you good ole boys tell us if I did this right? The boat ramps may all be under water and the park may be flooded. I think the Gage Height at Miami is 701.10 ? Need more input on this post. Thanks for your help.

3. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yes, I had plans to snag today. My buds dad said the water was real close to the bridge north of the state park. We were going to take our young ones over for a work out. But decided a bit to unsafe.

4. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Talked to the Oklahoma Dept of Conservation today! The officer said the river should be falling on Sunday. I'm not sure if the ramps in Miami will be underwater when I get there in the morning or not. I might have to put in at twin bridges and run up the Neosho from there! Any more info on river levels would be great though!

5. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    More information on water levels. Todays water levels Grand River Dam A.. Grand Lake is at Elv. 752.42 Normal Pool is 745.00 Flood Level is 755.00 .11 gates are open at the dam. Hudson Lake is at Elv. 633.32 , Nromal pool is 619.00, and Flood Stage is 636.00 , and 4 gates are open. Fort Gibson Lake is going to crest on monday 26 1/2 feet above normal pool. Fort Gibson Normal Pool is Elv. 554.00 + 261/2 ft. =580.50, Flood Stage is 582.00. Fort Gibson dam will be opening Gates Sunday Morning. USACOE parks and boat ramps on Fort Gibson Lake are closed.

6. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went to the Neosho snaggin on sunday 4-13. Put in a Twin Bridges and ran up the Neosho. I had to take the surf rods out of my center console to make it under the neosho side bridge at twin bridges! Made it up to the next bridge up river which is a railroad bridge, could barely get under on the west side. The center console cleared by mere inches, alot more of a challenge on the way down with the current!:crazy: Found some fish from just above twin bridges up to about 3 miles up river. Boated 4 spoonbill, three males and one female that had dropped her eggs. All ranged from 25-35lbs. Snagged one whitebass, and graphed many more. I'll probably be heading back up in the morning, and taking some ultralights to get some whitebass!!

7. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jarred,
    Thanks for the update, sounds like you did ok. Was the second bridge you were talking about the old rusty unuseable Conners Bridge? I have never been all the way to Miami by river , not sure how many bridges there are. Last time I was there we snagged from Conners Bridge up river a few miles. Was anyone Snagging below Hudson Dam by boat this week end?

8. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes that was the conners bridge. We only found pods of fish below conners bridge. Went back monday and boated 7 with 2 sows at 44 and 51lbs. All were caught from the neosho river bridge at twin bridges up to 3/4 of a mile above that bridge! I think most of the fish were on there way down river, at least the ones I graphed!

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck hope you catch some