Snag Master's Tournament

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by opposum, Apr 18, 2009.

1. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did anyone fish the tournament at Warsaw today? What was the big fish? I was on the river today and saw lots of fish. Even more snaggers.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    75 pounder won it and I think it took 61.2 to place. Bajacoop and I went and had a blast. We boated 6 paddlefish, but the biggest was only aroun 50 pounds and not near big enough to win anything. This was our first time snagging LoZ so I guess we didn't do too bad.

It was definitely a new experience for me. I've never seen so many boats and paddlefish in my life. I was dumbfounded. Oh yea and we also about got swamped during the take off for the tournament. I'm sure people got a good laugh at us trying to ride with the big boys lol. Needless to say we shut down really fast and just waited for the big boats to get out of the way before continuing on hehe.

3. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    75 pounds that's huge. I figured there'd be something bigger with that many boats. Snagging will only get better this next week. I may even give it a try.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    The water was only 51 degrees which is a lot cooler than normal for this late in the season. Most of the fish everybody was catching were the small males still. I'm usually snagging down on Tablerock and it's the same way down there. If it stays warm this week and the temps raise up even more I'd expect the Oar House tourney for next Saturday to be awesome.