smoking up a storm

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 5, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well this past week or two heres what ive been on.

a chuck mock tender. seasoned with a heavy spiced brown sugar rub. left a sweet coating on it. had roasted asparagus and sweet bread with it.

smoked this on my brinkman horizontal smoker with hickory and coals.

then got two tom turkeys (jennie-o) for $.50 a lb. $10 for a 19lb turkey.:eek:oooh: so i smoked one this past weekend.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    heres the tom. rubbed with paprikia and salt pepper and basil. smoked this on the garbage barrell smoker i posted about this fall. took 9 lbs of charcoal. smoked from 1pm to 8pm at 300 degrees with hickory chunks in with coals.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    these abt's were made with rabbit. pressure cooked it with a spoon of minced garlic and 1/2 chopped onion. drained water and removed bones. shredded meat and seasoned with cracked black pepper basil chopped chives and a chicken bollion cube and cup water. simmered till liquid was gone. mixed with 7 oz of cream cheese and 6 oz of diced tomatoes. spooned on 1/2ed jalapenos and topped with chunk bacon. smoked on brinkman. they were awesome. had these with the chuck tender roast.

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Looking good Jeremy ..I'am about ready to break out the smoker myself will probaly due a duck or two with apple and cherry wood:wink:

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    You always got something good cooking.:cool2:
    I like the way you eat.

My Wife is picking up a turkey breast.
    I let it soak over night in a light canjun seasoning and other mix's to keep it moist. Brown on both sides in pit with mesquite wood, then rap in foil to hold juice. right before it gets done, un rap, let it brown a little more while basting it with the juice's in foil.
    Slice it up, make BBQ sandwichs on bun. Got a bottle of good BBQ sauce for
    the meat to add to sandwich.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    WOW jeremy...that looks delicious. I've got an older brinkmans smoker and havent used it much. Looks like I need to get busy!:eek:oooh:

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good thing you posted this after the fact or I might have showed up at your door step....lol :smile2:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats some great lookin vittles,Jerm. I'm bout ready myself. Course I'll have to wait till this seven day blow is over. We are forcast to have seven days of above 35 mph spring wind. Not favorable for smoking anything.:sad2:

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    everything looks good Jerm . i know where I'll stay if I'm in Illinois, just follow the smoke signals....