Smoking - nasty habit IMO

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Nov 1, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i smoke its a bad habit , but a few minutes ago i went to town for smokes and in the store was this young girl oh 17 or 18 maybe . she was mopping the floors and when i walked across them she tilted her head back and said thats ok , well that caught my attention so i asked whats in yer mouth :lol: her lower lip was knotted up , she had a dip of winter green in her lip ( yuk ) . not only does this girl dip but she smokes .

how many of you on here do one or the other or both?

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I smoke, but plan on quitting before Keystone

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think chewing tobacco is a gross thing to do but a girl doing it? That almost makes me gag!:crazy:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    In my opinion, smoking or chewing is about the stupidest habit anyone could have. I know it must be hard to quit, but what I always am trying to figure out is why anyone starts doing it, it's not cool...it's just nasty. And it KILLS you.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

i agree, its really wierd seein a girl chewin tobacco..

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    it is a bad habbit but i do dip snuff but its not for girls to be doing imo

7. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Unfortunatly, I have dipped Copenhagen for the last 23 yrs. I know I should quit and I have several times. As far as girls doing it, that aint right:sad2:

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Chuck could ya possibly get her number for me she sounds hot LOL

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    your absolutly right zak , its killing each and every one of us but so far i havent had the will power to quit and make it stick , i wish i had never started it and i pray every day that my kids wont .

iv got the will power to climb a mountain but not to quit smoking its the worst drug in the world , i know smokers who havent smoked in twenty years and they say they fight the urges everyday .

10. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Kind of sounds like my date for senior prom:eek:oooh:

lol. not very lady like, but I do dip and chew.

11. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Back before she was my mother in law, she chewed the old Union Made plug tobacco. Of course she was a Arkie too but could hit a chicken in the eye at 30 feet with a wad. Probably not a record but a dang good average.

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    do you remember where she lives sounds like the kinda women I been lookin for.

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Chuck I remember almost qall of the older women in my family chewing Applejack plug and they could bullseye anything too, lol.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Used to do the smoke thing and an chew now and then ,but not anymore(leastwise so far) It will be 11 months the 5th since I lit a smoke or chewed. Boy do I feel better. Chuck you can do it .Just ask your self this question. Do I want to be around when my kids get married and be able to see and enjoy my GRANDCHILDREN. ?Does make a person stop and think. Plus you'll feel so much better. I can walk to the neighbors house now and not run out of wind. Kills my legs but not the breathing. If I can do it anyone can. I smoked 3 packs a day. Dumb wasn't it.Got to make up your mind whats important in life. Didn't mean to start preaching. I just see how stupid I was and I'm 62 and started when I was 9. boy thats a long time to be dumb. Just thinking out loud.
    YOU CAN IF YOU WANT TOO!!

15. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL....This is exactly what i ws going to say..GOOD TIMES

16. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I quit when I got pregnant with Chrissi. I have had a couple of cigs since then, but not many. I can't take being around someone that has one lit. Your brother is torturing me and the kids. Even the dog won't come near him until he's done smoking. I wish he would quit or at least quit smoking in the house. Both kids have asthma and I'm trying to get over pneumonia. But he's told me that it's his house and he'll smoke in it. Maybe he'll quit when he burys me:roll_eyes: . Chuck, I hope that you can quit. It would be good for your health and save you alot of money, but I know the addiction.

17. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just chew...never got into smoking. Sticking w/ griz straight for now. Cope's too expensive....and girls that chew really get my tach revving so back off guys! :haha:

18. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i smoke. still working on quitting im down to 3-5 cigarettes a day which is way better than my pack a day!

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I burn them LOL want to quit before Christmas just have to pick a date. Zakk you are correct tho it is the dumbest thing you could ever start.

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I smoke (wish I could quit). I tried chewing but it made me sick.
    Bill