Smoking in restaurants

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bluecatnut, Apr 9, 2006.

do u think their should be a somking section in restraunts

1. yes their should be

2. no their should not be

3. other i do not care either way

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    do u think their should be a smoking section in restraunts

2. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i smoke and i will not even smoke at a restraunt bars are another thing

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i'm the same way

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I quit smoking about 10 years ago and my shirt size went from medium to magnum. It is amazing how one regains their sense of smell after quitting. You can single out a smoker blindfolded.

Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday. --Woody Allen

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I quit smoking april 3rd 1977 and i dont like to sit in a resturant and be eating and have to smell someones smoke. even when i was a smoker i didnt.

6. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Having a "no smoking" section at a resturant is like having a "no peeing" section at the pool! I personally have nothing against smokers. You get kind of de neuralized after being in the Navy for many years, but my wife is very offended by it, so I guess I am too . . .<whack> I mean I AM too! Resturants do seem to be the worst though. Ihave seen some where they seem to alternate tables one smoking then one non smoking. Does not make sense sometimes.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have been quit for over three years. And did not smoke in one when I smoked. And sure don't care for it now.
    Man its bad if people can't do without one long enough to eat.
    Pete

8. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I might catch heck for this one, but there should be no smoking in restaurants and bars, or in any public building. The health risks of second hand smoke are a proven fact. I think everyone should be free to do what they want in this country, unless it causes harm to others, and smoking causes harm to bystanders. Even having a designated "smoking section" in a restaurant is useless because the smoke still carries into the non-smoking sections.

I heard on a local radio station that some bars and restaurants that prohibit smoking actually get more customers once they ban smoking....I thought that was interesting.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im a smoker but I agree there should be no smoking in restraunts, Im not offended I would rather eat than smoke

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Yea! YEA! Yea! I will not choke one down till I get to the truck normally.But, if I want one when I'm done spendin my money I would like to do so.

They say second hand smoke kills. The only problem is that it don't do it reliably! LOL!

11. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Hey Dave start smoking and you will slim down like the doctor told you too. LOL It might kill you but just think how good you'll look.LOL

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im a smoker but respect those who dont smoke, so I would prefer even a smoking section or none at all

13. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Dave,

Heck is for kids. This is how it's done.

And speaking about kids, I rather have some cigar smoke in my face, cigarette ash in my food and a cigar butt doing swimming ballet in my shot glass than have to sit in a place with crying babies and / or out of control ankle bitters acting like they're in the playland at McDonalds.

PARENTS: You think your little darlings are being cute? NOT!!! Their being OBNOXIOUS. But, if a Cracker Barrel had an obnoxious brat section, you'd be off to the local court house, in a heart beat, filing a law suit and / or walking a picket line in front of the place, screaming about YOUR rights.

Live and let live. Besides, you have a greater risk of dying from the fats in that restaurant food than you do sitting thirty feet or more from the smoking section.

Mike

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I Was A Smoker Until Last Dec.then I Quit.no I Don't Believe They Should Allow Smoking In Resterants.if A Person Can'thold Off Smoking Long Enough To Eat Then Stay home.

15. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I am a smoker and as long as they have a smoking section I'm going to smoke. So if you don't like the smoke maybe you should eat at home.

16. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    I quit somking several times, but I didn't get all indignant when someone else lit up. And I may have come real close a time or two, I never told parents they should have left there whiney curtain climbers at home. Guess I had some stupid notion about them having rights too.

17. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I did tell a lady to put a leash on her rug rats I was sitting in the waiting room while my wife was having surgery and this ladies rugrats were climing on me i said several times for them to stop well after getting a foot in the groin area i told her to put them on a leash she got all mad and complained hehe she lost on that one

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm smokin rite now and blowin it on some of these posts! LOL!

19. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Jim,

Your 100% correct. Have two... one before and one after!!!

20. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Thats the way I do it.