Smoking in bars

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bluecatnut, May 25, 2006.

do u think smoking in bars should be banned

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    do y'all think they should ban smoking in bar

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    They already did in my neck of the woods and it sucks

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I cant stand coming home and having my clothes absolutely stink of smoke.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    i dont think they should, they havent done it yet where im from, but its probably coming in the near future

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Dang Im sorry guys i was only thinking about it from my point of veiw

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I think this is something else to fuss about. I aint ever really gave it much thought. I dont smoke but several do. When ppl go to a bar, they go to hang out, let loose and have a good time not worrying whether or not they can smoke. Just not an issue with me.

7. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I think Dusty is fishing, and not for fish. :lol:

8. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I think they should ban bars, not smokeing.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I also don't smoke, nor do I go to bars. However, I will still support the smoker's rights to smoke. Incidentally, he does pay federal and state taxes on his cigarettes - how much do you non-smokers pay to prohibit smoking? Not a penny. Sad.

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    We got cities you cant smoke outside either! Parks and beaches too! It's not just Calif is bad, Texas has bars you cant get drunk in! Lmao! Cant smoke either, not much point in going!
    "The controversial police tactic of arresting drunks at bars and restaurants has gone to a new level, to include intoxicated people at hotels, even those who are registered guests with no plans on driving.

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission along with Irving police arrested some 30 people on charges of public intoxication last weekend during a sweep of 36 area pubs."

The agency called it a proactive measure to slam the brakes on drunk driving.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49397

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm also a reformed smoker, and I do have trouble with the smoke smell on my clothes ect when I go into a bar or wherever there is smoking going. I choose not to smoke now, but I used to tear them up. What I would like to know is when they get all of the smoking banned ect where are they going to get the money that the taxes on cigarettes brought in? Andy

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Just the Government chipping away at peoples freedoms, Pretty soon they will be charging us to go to the bathroom! They just haven't thought of a way to do it yet.

13. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I quit smoking 3 years ago. I still go to bars and when I come home and my clothes smell like smoke, I wash them. I comes right out. The state of Arkansas has recently passed a law banning smoking in bars, it goes into effect in July I think. Some people think it will hurt many bars when it goes into effect, but I think that many of the people who wouldn't come out before because of the smoke will make up any revenue that the bar owners think that they are going to lose.

There is something that bothers me about the smoking bans though and that is businness owners rights. I think if the individual business owner wants smoking in their bar then it should be legal. If you don't want to be around it, don't go there or don't work there. it is as simple as that.

The same thing goes for television shows or radio programs that you don't like or don't want your family to see or listen to. Turn the damn channel.

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i could careless dont drink there fore i stay away from bars , but cigerettes and beer go together like ham and eggs just my 2 cents

15. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Champaign and Urbana Il. passed no smoking laws banning smoking in any public place in both cities, this included all bars. Goes in effect in next months. I am glad I quite, but think that it terrible of them to pass these restrictions.

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I do think that if a person is worried about smoking in a bar maybe they are in the wrong place cause most people in a bar want to smoke while they are drinking at least they did when I was a drinker

17. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Kinda funny you don't hear them politicians wanting to ban hard liquor, like gin, whisky, vodka. And you never will cause that is something that they themselves like to do. Smoking may be a health issue but I haven't heard of a family being broken apart by either the husband or the wife smoking. Heard of lots of them by one or the other being an alcoholic. Don't think you'll hear of to many wrecks being caused by nicotine because the driver smoked 3 packs a day either. I'm with the other post...if you don't want to smell the smoke, don't go to the bar.

18. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well I don't go to bars but I do smoke. I think they should bann smoking everywhere that way I would have to quit fore good.

19. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yeah your right what good would it do? I'm doomed! Hey John 5 more post and you move up. LOL

20. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I dont drink or smoke so it dont matter to me none. but they banned it here a long time ago. there is a town here that wont allow you to smoke in your car if your driving lol now how on earth are they going to enforce that one.
    the one thing that cracks me up are the smokers i have for friends i gave one a ride and he stuffed a smoke in his mouth while we were in the new pickup i said what are you doing he forgot i dont allow smoking in my vehicles or home. then proceeded to get upset about it oh well my car my house no smoking dont like it dont come over.