Smokers fishing habits

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LiquidSteel, Feb 21, 2007.

Where do you flick your cigarette butts?

1. On the ground

2. In the Lake/River

3. I put them in a container to be disposed of properly

4. In the bonfire/tree ring area

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    How many of you smokers flick your butts on the ground, in the lake or in the river? I'll admit, when I smoke and fish, I try to put them all in an old water bottle or pop bottle. When I camp, and I have use of a tree ring, I'll flick my butts in their and I know they'll get burned up.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I try to dispose of them in a container but I can't lie, sometimes i throw them in the lake. I know this is wrong and i've stopped doing it as much, but every once in a while i don't think and just flick. it's a good topic and something to think about!

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    diddo on that , im in the same boat or have been anyway . alot of the time i just drop them in the bottom of the boat , oh dont worry theres plenty water in it to put out any fire :lol: it still leaks

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    if i do throw them on the ground i pick them all up when i leave.

5. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I hate to admit it but mine usually go over the side of the boat. If it helps my case any I do not throw any trash overboard (other that my butts).

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Field strip and use the filters for corks ????
    Just kidding don't smoke.:big_smile:

7. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    never throw them in the water. I think fish can smell it and i saw something on the discovery channel that certain fish hate the smell of tobacco. maybe i'm just paranoid. I throw them on the ground although saying it made me feel bad for littering on mother nature

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    In the butt can and I'll toss anyone overboard that don't!

9. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Since i havnt been able to kick the habit.I use empty water bottles or cans.never over the edge of the boat.+Thx for topic..

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I never throw them on the ground or in the water. My wife hates it, but I ussually knock the ash off and stick the butt in my back pocket. I catch hell when I forget to take them out before she doues laundry, oh well.:confused2:

11. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Got to admit to. Most of the time they go over the side of the boat. Good topic. Maybe it will get everybody thinking.

12. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If Im on the water butt can or bottom of boat,it Im bank fishing in the fire pit. If Im with a none smoker I use his belly button, not really if Im with a none smoker I try not to smoke. smokey

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I put them in a can, bottle, bottom of the boat, my tackle box, whatever I can, but I don't throw them on the ground or in the water. Keeping the rivers and lakes clean starts with us...you, and me, the sportsmen. Please don't litter.

14. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I never put anything in the water, except bait.

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Dispose ofmthem properly. Have been known to leave the area better than I found it.

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I learned the first year in the military that cigarette butts go into your pocket. Hate to remember how many times my wives chewed me out for that... LOL. And, until I quit smoking two years ago, my butts still went in my pocket, as well as my wifes. I would have a heart attack if I saw her throw one on the ground, and I'd pick that one up also. I was a crotchety old man if I saw a smoker throw a butt the ground, and they normally heard about it too. When I was a Drill Sergeant, I believe I converted quite a few men to my way of thinking also.

17. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I sincerely apreciate the honesty here. I just wanted to input to all that in no way is this thread meant to incite any disrespect to those people who smoke as bad people. Heck, I smoke too, and Ive been accused of being a good person sometimes! Smokers are mostly good people (like alot of non-smokers beleive it or not) and I hope that those who have p.m.'d me understand this, or at least can keep an open mind about the topic of the thread. I know it's a bad habit and it is certainly is not for everybody. I was just curious as to what the habits were of those who smoke and fish, and that is it.

Kenny

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Most of the time the butt goes in a can. But sometimes when I am not thinking it hits the water.
    Bill