smoked zuchinni

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i learned a lil recipe from kittycatcher at the gathering this month from his smoked peppers, and had some leftover stuffing from the peppers that i stuffed. so applying my mind to not wasting it i ended up with a new recipie. the second time i spiced it up and these were awesome. everybody liked them.

take 3 large 4 small zuchinni. split in 1/2 long ways. scoop out entier seed contents till its about 1/2 - 3/4 " thick.

fry 1 lb breakfast sausage and crumble as cooking. drain and mix with 1 1/2 packs cream cheese till consistant. spread the mix inside the zuchinni boats. top with chedder cheese. lay a full strip of bacon on top and dash with garlic powder and itialian seasoning.

smoke them at 250-300 degrees on smoker for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. untill the zuchinni feels soft and bacon is browned. cut across into 2" sectiona and serve with main dish. (optional) add 3-4 chopped jalapenos or green chilis to the sausage while cooking to add some heat.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    gonna have to try that sounds good

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Now you are talking, anything with Smoked in the heading has my interested peaked. I am going to give that a try, sounds good. I have been looking for another Veggie to smoke, other than just cabbage.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thanks for the tip...Sure does sound good.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    heres the first one that was just something to use up the sausage and creamcheese that was left over from stuffing jalapenos. - the bacon.

i didnt get pics of the ones with bacon. trust me. it was good. but add the bacon. made it even better.:wink:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanlks for the post Jerm. I will be giving that a try. Sounds real good. I stuff bell peppers like that also. May try smoking some of them also. Usually just bake in the oven.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    see bob stuffed 1/2ed jalapenos with the sausage and cream cheese and topped with bacon and smoked. thats what gave me the idea. i had leftover stuffing. and walla. another good recipe spawned.:smile2:

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dang I love Zukes, sounds awesome. :big_smile:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gotta give it a try ,Jeremy. I use monterrey jack tho,Just something about creamcheese ,I got too many whangy poppers from the fast food I guess.:wink:I'm sure homemade is way better that that deli crap,But once I turn off something I tend not to eat it again for a very loong time. Besides the jack had body to it:big_smile:

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, gotta try that and the peppers..... thanks Jerm!

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Let us know how those peppers turn out. When I smoke, I like to make a all in one meal. Been looking at some different veggies to try.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    That sounds really good Jeremy.

Im going to fire up the smoker tomorrow morning and will try them. I have some crab meat that Im going to mix in the cream cheese to stuff them with. May add a little bit of chives also, who knows what else...
    Smoking a whole pork loin and the zukes will go great with it.

Will let you know how they turn out.......

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    get some pics for us troy.:big_smile: please please.:big_smile:

i dont have time to thaw a loin.:angry: almost 3. think well have beer can chicken. got one in the sink thawing. crab? chives. yummy.

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jeremy, they turned out really good.
    Got some pics. will post tomorrow.

It's a holiday so think I will go Noodling for carp tonight......:0a20:

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sweet. ill look for them. smoking 4 deer tenderloins now, 2 stuffed with jalapenos, 2 with habanaros and a strip of bacon in them. and wrapped in bacon. be late supper but in watching the race popping a cold one and enjoying the holiday.:wink:

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like someones livin the "high life" lol Man I gotta get cooking again soon, your making me so hungry bro....

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hopfully im doing something. glad to hear from ya mike. :cool2:

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Here you go Jeremy.

I stuffed the zukes with cream cheese, crab meat and chopped green onions.
    A little season salt and 1/2 a strip of bacon on top.

Smoked them at 250 degrees for about 4 hours. There were probably done in around 3 hours but the neighbors came over with a cooler of cold ones and distracted me ....:wink:

Good stuff.......:big_smile:

Attached Files:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man. looks good troy. reps for them pics.

mike. heres the hi life tenderlions.