Smoked by a zebco 202...

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Big Sam, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I decided to head down to my (secret) secret, secret skip hole friday afternoon in the heat. Well the MRS, decided she had nothing to do and wanted to tag along. So i broke out the 202 for her to use:smile2: . got there and she states "Now i used to be good at catching fish on these small rods":eek:oooh::smile2:. She is real good at catfishing too folks beats me half the time:tounge_out: So i rigged up the jigs and said watch me. I cast and showed her how to work the jig and keep it on top of the water. So she let her rip....1st cast skip on!!:eek:oooh: 3rd cast, 4th cast, she had 8 before i even lost one:wink: Ended up with about 25...and yes i was smoked by a 202, but i am gratefull she was there cause those babies are gonna be lucky with the classic just a few days away.........

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Story of my life also buddy, lol.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Amazing how those wives seem to be able to use equipment that most feel is inferior, and still kick our butts!

4. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Sam one can't complain when one has fresh bait.:wink: Doesn't matter where it came from or who caught it. Smoked by a 202 is bad enough but smoked by the wife with a 202 will hard for you to live down. She'll probably bring that up time and time again in places you wish she wouldn't.:roll_eyes:

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Oh the shame of it all:wink::smile2:. Sam usually gets smoked by the wife but now with a 202:eek:oooh:(cody look):smile2:. Well at least you've got fresh skip's for Milford:cool2:. I need some to Sam you think you would let me borrow her for a day:wink:.

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    The price would be in-surmountable!:smile2: 1ST you would have to listen to 202 stories from her child hood for 50+ miles:smile2: Then stop at the store at least 3 times to get just right before getting there. Then un-load everything and carry it all 1/4 mile at least. rig it all up give a "few" tips on skipping:eek:oooh: Then take an azz kickin the whole time your there. Load it all up and carry by yourself back to the truck 1/4 mile. Stop and feed her on the way back and get sodas. Stop and prepare them while listening to her say " i caught that one too:smile2: and aren't you about done yet? " I think you and your buddies have gone off the deep end on this skip thing.:tounge_out: Then get home and un-load it all and listen for 3 days in a row how she put it on ya and that catching them is "no big deal". Finally on the 4th day she will say " ok I'm ready to go catch some more that is kinda fun, maybe you will catch some this trip". So yes you can have her for EVER.:big_smile::smile2::tounge_out:

7. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I know how you feel sam when the weather is nice my wife loves to catfish and no doubt is better than i am at it, it has been proven many times.She won't bait with skipjack, says they stink too bad, that is until i won't bait her hook anymore because she is beating me so bad. My excuse is i bait throw out her surf rod rig her poles and when she get a good one after about 30 or so yds of reeling , she says here i can't get it in, but she sure know howto hook them. Thats the reson i fish a lot in heat , late in evening when misqutos are bad,etc. hang in there sam you aren't the only one.
    boliver

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Snuck into the not so secret spot this evening:wink:, Your wife left a few :smile2:, I ended up with an even dozen. All gates are now closed and Doren and his Daughter were there also. His daughter smoked him to!

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You gotta keep mama happy or no is happy....Bet it'll be awhile before you hear the end too:angry:

10. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Them little Zebcos have caught more than anything on the market I bet. We still use 202 and 33 reels from time to time. Don't like getting our good baitcaster dirty with catfish bait.

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Now boys, My wife is my secret weapon, :roll_eyes: If I need bait, i just take her along she loves catchin bait. but still dont believe there are any catfish, even when I bring one home or a picture of one. No winnin at all:wink::tounge_out: