Smoked baby Catfish Supreme Ala Catfishfever

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Hey Charlie, here's another batch I made today. Just think, you catch me a bunch of these, you could have some, :big_smile: The biggest ones (bottom left) are only 9 to 10 inchers.

Attached Files:

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    yumm yumm! looks scrumptous. got a recipe?

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Jim at 0400 hours that was not a nice picture to see, lol. I almost had to break into the vending machine to get something to eat, lol. Looks very good.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Man oh man that looks good Jim, thanks for sharing.

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Dang it Jim, I'm in hunting mode.............trying to keep my focus on animals and you go and do things like this, just ain't right:lol: .

I can see now that I'll be coming off the lake with a 10 fish limit that weights 8 pounds.............may have to fish after dark so no one see's me:cool2:. I'll make it a goal for next season, setting my sights high now.

Look great, wish I was in the neighborhood!!

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Darnit Jim the only thing Wrong with that picture is that I wasen't there helping you eat them Bad Boys! Heading to the Freezer right now and take a package out and fix a batch up for the game (Nebraske VS.Texas) I Think that Nebraska is going to get there Butts kicked! And being to married to Miss.Harry Husker (Diehard Fan) You can bet She won't be fixing no supper! LOL. J.D.
    :ah:

7. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thank you for all the very kind comments. I just wish it were possible to share them with every one that would like some. The biggest problem would be to catch that many the right size, that I prefer to prepare. It took Jerald and me 5 trips to catch these. The state lake where we go to get them has a 5 fish limit, then we'd catch Cats bigger than the 1lb- that I like to smoke. What was pretty humerous, we were throwing back 3 and 4 lbr's. The folks down the bank from us weren't catching anything. We were getting them on a home made dip bait. They were going nuts. I also chum with some stuff an older Catfisherman I met a few years ago introduced me to, "All Stock", it's a cattle supplement that I buy at Oschelns, 50lb bag is around 6 bucks. Thanks again for all your compliments.
    Oh yeah, I wouldn't give any to the Teabag man, wouldn't want him to fall of his diet wagon:big_smile:, Matt, you know I'm only joking (not so)big guy(any more). You look real good!

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Daniel, I sure do have the recipe, right Charlie!:wink:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ok i saw the pics you gotta tell me your recipe i like smokin too though they are sorta hard to light sometimes

10. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Them cats look mighty good Jim. I bet they taste great.:big_smile:

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Hey Randall, nice to see you again, watch for an email from me. Thanks, they do,:smile2:

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Good luck on getting that recipe folks, I've been trying for about 4 years to get it.............no luck!! Think I'll see if Jim's wife can be bargained with on this matter, maybe she'd like to go out to dinner with someone good looking for a change.........hehehehaw:big_smile:

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I'm sure Jim has all his bases covered, he's very thorough:smile2:

14. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Charlie, who is this "good looking" person you had in mind? Surely you're not going to try and pass yourself off as having that kind of "nomenclature":dribble: :big_smile:
    As for the recipe, my boys are next in line to get it, when my last will and testament is read:wink: