Smoke Pole Firing Range?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by kkyyoottee, Sep 27, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What does everyone sight their smokepole range at? I have a knight old inline that is set for 150 yards, my wife's CVA is set at 75 yards, and my CVA is set at 100 yards these yardages are at dead zero. Mine are longer due to I like shoulder pain and she doesnt. 3 pellets vs 2 pellets.

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm shooting an Omega, 100 grains of pyrodex, 250 sabot, & set it for 3" high at 50 yards, with open sights. When I scope it, I won't do that. LOL But with the poor eyesight thing, I can hold six o clock, on a six inch bulleyes an hit center. Just works better for me. Isn't it time for you to "fix" her sights for her this year....isn't it your turn? LOL
    (Don't you tell her I said that!)

:big_smile:

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I keep mine at 100 yards, with two pellets and a 250 grn shockwave. It groups tight, and I just have to hold on the spine for 150 yard shot. Were I hunt though, you can't see 100 yards! I've not shot anything with it over 60 yards. If I get to hunt somewere that has more range than that, I'll go to 3 pellets and sight it in for point of aim at 150 yards.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a scope on my encore 50. I have it dead on a 100 yards. I have yet to shoot a deer past 50 with it. I hunt in the woods mainly so my chance for a long shot are pretty slim. I like it that way. Close and easy!:wink:

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    where i hunt 100 yds would be a long shot so i zero at 50yards. when i was hunting in new mexico i zeroed at 100 yards. it depends where you are hunting.

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    3" high @ 100 yards
    150 gr x 240 gr balistic tips:eek:oooh:

Thunder season

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Im zeroed in at 50 yards. I hunt mainly in the woods and you'd have to cut your own shooting path half the time if you even want that long of a shot. Come rifle season Ill hunt a field or two where 100 yards is about all you can see.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mine is set at 150 yards now because I started hunting a farm where the fields taper up into heavy woods. Sometimes I get a long shot; if not, I just aim low.