smoke free for 5 days!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by vicktoria, Mar 4, 2008.

1. vicktoria

vicktoria New Member

State:
    ohio
    well i decided to quit smoking AGAIN! and hopefully for the last time. im not using any patches, gums, pills, just going cold turkey. This works for me for a while, but then the cravings become crazy. Im wondering if anyone has any advice for me on little things i can do to keep from going back. Ive been told its all about will power which i agree, (but this was from a non smoker) who has never had the crazy cravings us smokers have. So anyone have any methods that have worked for them that isnt over the counter or pill? thanks people for any help i get..... :big_smile:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats ,Vick. My DR said that chewing cinnimon gum helps with cravings and also has healing quality's

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Wish you best of luck Vic. Hang in there and take it 1 day at a time.

4. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Vic, when I guit, it had to do not being able to breath after I climb some steps. What I did is every time I wanted to smoke I would go back to them steps and tell myself that I didn't want to go through that again. And that was 16 years ago. But I do have a urged to smoke every once in while. Not as strong but the urge is still there, but easy to say no. I wish you good luck I know that it can be done.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What do you have against pills? Several members have been very successful with Chantix. I am currently on that program now and doing great. Five weeks into it and have never had the first craving to fight yet. I just keep thinking it's just to easy.lol Why be hard on your self? Make stopping smoking a pleasant experiance...:wink:

6. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would just stay busy. And remember all the
    money you will save.

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Keep going you are doing GREAT!
    Bill

8. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Congrats Vic! concidering me a smoker and been trying to quit too, 223reload I will try cinnamon gum thanks.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Stay in there Vic! Cold turkey is the way to go. :big_smile:

My advice... Tell every person you know, that you will NEVER, NEVER smoke again. And do it! Be determine not to break your word. Never say, I'm going to try to quit smoking. Every day you can put between your last smoke the better it gets. That's what I did and it worked. Quitting smoking is minor to some things one has to do in life.

Best of luck to you but only you can do it.

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work and I'm sure the cravings will diminish over time.

11. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You can do it . Its all a mind game . Always tell your self I will not have something control me that way. Now for the kicker. This is coming from a smoker that was at 3 packs a day fro the last 20 years and I am on my 65 th day without a smoke and to tell you the truth the cravings have gone down to a short last. I am not going to smoke again and am proud to say so.

12. cowboyd

cowboyd New Member

State:
    il
    ok I am not nuts maybe old enough to be senile but not nuts. I have known several people who did the accupuncture thing and while it still befuddles me how or why it works they swear by it. One of the aspects were little bead things that stuck I think behind your ears and they pinched them eveytime they started to get a craving.

In any event good luck!

13. vicktoria

vicktoria New Member

State:
    ohio
    its not that i have anything against the pills, its more i dont have the money to pay for the pills. Also i have tried the gum and patches and they both actually made me sick... i have head the chanvix (misspelled) works and is great, but i think im gonna stick it out cold turkey and see what happens... GO ME!! :wink:

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm sure you can do it Vicktoria. Remember, even if you fall off the smoke wagon just make sure and try again. Trying to quit smoking and failing is one thing, but quiting trying to quit is worse. :crazy:
    Stay off of them for two more weeks and I'll give you some rep.lol:wink:

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have never been a smoker so I cant tell ya how to deal with those cravings. I will just offer you all the best of support that we can give here on the BOC! Hang in there!:wink:

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hang in there Vic its hard but can be done good luck !

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My hats off to you I aint ready or want to:crazy:

18. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    keep up the good work it is hard you can do it:wink:

19. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    you need to :roll_eyes:

20. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The key to it is in the wanting to do it. I have never wanted to quit until now and I can find more excuses not to smoke then I can find to smoke.