SML July 14-15th

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by Ripper, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anyone gonna be on SML the weekend of the 14th-15th?If so make a post,and we can meet up sometime that weekend for a BS session.Or if enough people are interested we can make it a mini gathering?

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    What part of the lake are gonna be? I fish there some. I live about 45 minutes away. As far as 14-15th, I probably can get down that way.
    Chip

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Not sure yet on my schedule that weekend. But I'll stay tuned to this thread and let you all know.

4. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    riverdawg--I can be found anywhere between the state park and mormons landing.where do you normaly fish?

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I fish about the same areas, I ussually put in at rt 616 in scruggs or Hardy.

6. Ripper

Ripper New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I normaly use mormons ramp,but I will be camping at the state park this time so i'll use their ramp.What's the largest cat you've caught at SML,the fish in my profile pic is my largest from that lake,but i'm hoping to top that 1 this year.

7. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I have not caught any real big cats at SML. The biggest I can remember was a 12# chanell cat I caught 8 or 9 years ago. Also to be fair I fish James, New and Claytor three times or more than I fish SML.
    Chip

8. shaddaddi

shaddaddi New Member

State:
    smith mountain lake,VA
    Well... did any of you guys hit it? I saw alot of cruisers on the water at Halesford bridge Saturday on my way to Moneta farm supply. I can tell ya there is no flatties below Halesford on the Roanoke side and none below Crazy Horse on the Blackwater side. (unless they're lost)

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    How about up Hardy way?

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    have not fished up around hardy much lately. fished scruggs area last week and could not keep trhe white perch off the bait. I think this fri I may try a new spot I just got permission to fish. I fished there last winter and caught some nice channels. It's a friends dock not too far from state park area. Let me know if you want to go. I'll probably leave roanoke around 7:00 fri evening.
    Chip

11. shaddaddi

shaddaddi New Member

State:
    smith mountain lake,VA
    hey Willie... Hardy is probably your best bet to catch a SML flattie. If one of yall want to catch a 20 lb channel or a bigger flathead at my pond one day or night (makes no difference other than tactics), gimme a holler I am usually game CPR ONLY. Riverdawg...we could probably break your record in short order.

12. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    shaddaddi, thanks for the invite, when I get a little more time I'll let you know. thanks again
    Chip

13. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    :shame: HMMM!!!! 1bigblue:cool2: