Smithville Missouri Report?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lakeith, Apr 25, 2006.

1. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Cook....? Stolib....? anybody here? I tried to make it to Smithville sun. night but, life got in the way. Anyone got anything to say about it?

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Some of the trotliners are having success-the cats have been elusive so far for me on R/R...just some eaters.

Been chasing the walleyes,whitebass,and crappie this spring with limited success.COE always drops the water so low in winter in anticipation of the spring rains.Well,we haven't got them yet and spawning habitat is hard to reach from the bank.
    Shad are plentiful and some even starting to spawn on the bank.

If you plan on a crappie trip I'll give you some locations to try,but if catfish,your on your own:confused: I'd be no help.

3. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Say Cook, where have you been getting your shad? I had been getting
    shad there on the weekends under the E bridge and doing pretty good, but last week they were gone from under the bridge. Caught only a few blue gills under there. I tried in a couple of the coves by the bridge but no luck.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Not sure where the"E" bridge is....maybe "W"?

up on the North end by the free ramp

5. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The bridge I was referring to is in the Crow's Creek area on the south end. Maybe it's not called 'E' bridge, not sure what it is called then, but
    I think it is the only one on the south end. I have not tried around the
    'W' bridge yet this spring.
    Where is the free ramp? Is that north of the 'W' bridge ramp?