Smithville Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by limestoneworm, Jul 26, 2008.

1. limestoneworm

limestoneworm New Member

State:
    missouri
    Has anyone had any luck with the blues and flatheads on Smithville lately?

2. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I am just now getting home from a night of fishing..... I don't know what you would call it but it wasn't fishing. I don't know what happened but I couldn't catch a thing. I went out to little platte and netted a gallon baggie of shad then went out tonight and nothing. I used cut bluegill, shad, and wicked sticky. NADA! Fished north of W bridge in the coves on the west side. I fished anchored on flats in 10 feet of water about 8pm, then 4-16 feet of water on a steep bank, then 2-8 feet of water, then the main lake in 20 feet. I will be heading out this week again, maybe for an all nighter!

Have you done any good lately?

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sounds like they are not done spawning yet. I had that problem a couple of weeks ago. :wink:

4. argel41

argel41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know your pain, I haven't had any luck in smithville in three weeks or so, gets frustrateing after awhile. hope it is just spawn, don't know. :confused2:

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Last few outtings have been less than stellar for me also.

6. MoJon

MoJon New Member

State:
    NoMo
    Floated some jugs a couple of days ago caught 2 pan size channels and about a 14" crappie on a piece of cut CARP. We were on the main lake.

Anybody had any luck catching shad in Smithville.

7. argel41

argel41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    went early this morning and caught enough shad in 3 or 4 throws. I think early is the trick or late in the evening. caught these on a mud flat in about 4 ft of water. also caught one channel cat, maybe things are looking up.. hope so. :eek:oooh: