Smithville Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cook, Feb 3, 2006.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Well,back from vacation.Took a swing by the lake thur.to check things out.Man,they just keep dropping the water.Lots of mud flats exposed on my end.River is very muddy,either some rain before I got back or just from the banks as it drops.Saw 3 boats put in at free ramp,all 3 were netting shad .Lots of shad breaking the surface,2 throws was all most of the boats needed.
    Picked up some sabaki rigs in Fl.,going to give them a shot at the dam mon. and see what happens.

Thats my pitiful fishing report,did get 2 dink crappie.

2. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    I looked on the site today and saw they are down to 25 cfs now. I think I will press my luck up there a bit today as long as I can muster the cold. Good to see you enjoyed your trip.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Thanks,I checked the site and your are correct.If you have the time,please post up today when you get back.Was going to get some shad and try for drum with the sabaki,but don't want waste the time if you don't see anything there.
    Plan #2 monday is to throw out some frozen shad and play with the crappie by the free ramp.

4. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    Cook, I never got to make it up there due to the kids being sicker than heck and trying to help the better half take care of them. I would have much rather been out there than holding a 4 month old with an ear infection for 6 hours. You still doing any good on the crappie up by you?

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    I got 2 dinks,nothing on the shad.Water is very low and muddy.I should put everything up till the end of March and concentrate on getting some honeydo's completed.........naw....ain't going to happen :)

6. AC1108

AC1108 Member

State:
    Kansas City, Mo
    That's the same thing I said when she wanted me to build a deck in the blistering cold. I said" Honey, you know I don't mind the cold but the fish are really biting now and I can't let this opportunity pass." Well when I come back empty handed she always reminds me of the phone number to Sutherlands.