Smithville Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bgoodman498, May 31, 2007.

1. bgoodman498

bgoodman498 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Has anyone been to Smithville Lake this week? I read in today's fishing report that the cats are biting excellent. I going to head up to the north end of the lake in Plattsburg saturday. I'll let you know how I do

2. argel41

argel41 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was at Smithville today, didn't get a bite, doesn't mean they won't bite Sat tho, good luck, hope you get in them...:sad2:

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Haven't fished my end(plattsburg)for 2 weeks,they are biting too good at the other end:lol:

4. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i went last night and caught 3 channels in the trimble area. There are a bunch of shad back in there if anyone needs any.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    If I figure it out right,here are some pics of the flooding from a few weeks ago in Plattsburg

pic 1...small road to the lake...little platte river completely over a 100 year old bridge(look in the center of the pic..2 white signs saying no fishing from bridge! :) )

pic 2...local park..soccer field flooded...port-a-potties were floating around...ugh!!

pic 3 ..smithville dam...releasing 1750 cfs...not walk way railing under water

Attached Files:

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    some more
    pic 1..grandaughters first fish-this is what the bridge normally looks like in the first pic in the above post

pic 2...my fishing car

pic 3..another dam flathead:lol:

Attached Files: