Smithville Lake this weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bhuey29, Aug 26, 2009.

1. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    Hey all,

A friend of mine and I are taking a couple of teenage boys to smithville and would like to put them on a couple good cats. Any thoughts??

Not sure where to go. Drift? Lines? bank? we have a boat just not sure where to head.

Thanks for the help.

2. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As high as the water has been the north end should be good. Try around the grass or drifting north of W in the open. If all else fails a main lake point around the marina is always good this time of year and the band plays some good music at night.:wink:

3. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    That is where the slip is. Also heard that the shad is decent around that area.

Any ideas.

Thanks for the help.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Brad good luck an let us know how you all do. Look forward to hearing back on your outing.

5. swamplvr

swamplvr New Member

State:
    Western Mo
    I have not seen a shad on mainlake since it turned over last week. Thermocline was back yesterday at around 26 feet I think. There are shad on the mainlake, they are DEEP though. even in a protected area on a windblown point I did not see any on the surface. If you have some in the freezer it may be a good time to pull them out. things may change by then. Reported good clarity of water on the N. side of Campbranch bridge, I cannot vouch for that we stayed mainlake and it is stained. did not try for catfish but did catch one on a crankbait last night.

6. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

NOT WHEN ITS DRUNK MEN/WOMEN TRY TO SING ON THE LOUD SPEAKER NIGHTS!!! LOL :smile2:

7. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    also, both sides of the dam is great spots, near the marina is great, just like he said...

8. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good point....North of W for sure on those nights:eek:oooh:

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    shad very scarce on my end...fishing pretty slow also since they cranked the dam open again :(

10. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Thanks for all the input. We had a GREAT weekend BEAutiful weather and decent fishing.

Throw Net was stolen off the boat... Damn the LUCK!

2 Channel cat - 1.5 and 5lbs (outside of Sailboat Cove around Midnight)
    1 LARGE CHANNEL? / BLUE (lost at boat side) not sure how big 10+ easy.
    MANY Crappie - 26 keepers between 6 of us but LOTS of little ones.
    couple of carp.

Water Temp around 75 deg. Water still cloudy and dark.

With the wind Drifting was easy but fish could not be found.