Smithville crappie

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cook, Nov 24, 2006.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Haven't played with the cats,but crappie are keeping me busy somedays.Fished the little platte last week when it was 19F in the morning,a little ice forming.Still catching them in shallow water on jigs,lotsa dinks but a limit if you give it time.........beats watching the boob tube

2. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Jon,
    I've fished Smithville since they put the plug in the lake. But I moved to Springfield 6 yrs. ago and now I fish all the lakes around here, had to learn to fish clear water versus Smithville. I had about 6 areas that I fished for crappie up there any time andy day and I would get my limit between those area and then I would go bass or cattie fishing, but I always ALMOST had a crappie limit! I always fished the Platte River arm too!

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Lake is starting to freeze.
    Found a little open water under the bridge,concrete pillars collect what little heat there is.
    Caught crappie almost every cast tue.-collected a few dead shad from the ice for the spring thaw bite :)
    lotsa dinks,but 4 keepers for lunch today...I ain't ready to give it up yet!!:cool2:

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Biting today-limit in 45 minutes....not to bad since most of the lake is frozen!!

Attached Files:

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Jon- I'm not too far from you and I'm getting kind of hungry!

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Hey Cook. Saw your post on the other site. Nice catch.