Smithville Catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FlatheadDreaming, Apr 9, 2009.

1. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Went out to the lake after work today to look for some new spots to mark on my gps while the lake was low and caught a nice flathead.(The one in my advatar) I wasn't there too long and caught him on a drop off in about 23ft of water. If they don't let the lake start filling up I am going to have to find new spots,some of my favorite aeras are almost out of water.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Morris, Welcome to the BOC:wink: Congrats on a very nice flat thanks for sharing the story and the pic (avatar)

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Nice flathead. Thanks for the report and picture of the flathead. Welcome to the BOC. You will like it here. A bunch of great brothers and sisters full of info.

Tom

4. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Nice fish, congrats......:cool2:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Nice flat Morris. Welcome to the BOC.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Good fish!! Welcome to the BOC

7. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice Flathead. Welcome to the BOC. Were you on the main lake or up the river?

8. jctiger

jctiger New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

9. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    nice fish!!!!! im starting to get the fever pretty bad now hearing everybody catchin decent fish. time to get the boat back together and hit the water

10. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    I was fishing off of a point by the mouth of a very small cove where there is a ledge close to some deep water and some stumps. I was out by crows creek. I feel there is some very good flathead fishing on the main lake that is overlooked because everyone wants to get up past the W bridge. I perfer the lake at night, easier to travle and I catch just as many big fish.

11. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Think thats the first Missouri BOC flathead I've seen posted this year, awesome! I love catching flatties and gonna hit it hard soon. Chris

12. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    went fishing today for about 6hrs didnt have much luck, one good hit i was on the opposite side of the boat and missed it. They always know when im not looking, how is that? Other then that a few small ones not even worth trying to clean but it beats getting skunked. Anyone catching any walleye, think i might give it a try, not sure what im doing though!

13. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    good fish to ya and welcome to the BOC family!:wink:

14. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome Morris,

Fished the dam early this morning with 2 other boats. No Walleye for us and that was the story the other guys gave us also. We fished high and low and all we found all we could catch was rocks..... We did see one guy that was fishing from shore that fished all night and had 2. Some days are just that way though.......:eek:oooh:

15. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    Been fishing in the evenings the last few days after i have gotten off of work and the catfishing is still kinda slow. Four or five here and there. And skunked once.They are all pretty good size channel's though. The biggest was 16.32lbs and one was around 12. All were caught in 8 to 12 feet of water. kept the 12 lber for supper and he had been eating crappie. Maybe thats why my luck hasnt been the best! Hope this helps

16. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have you been catching them on shad? We fished the other day but couldn't come up with any shad. Don't know where they disappeared to.

17. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    welcom to the BOC Morris

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice indeed Morris. Like most others have said, welcome to the BOC.

19. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Morris welcome ot the BOC, and that's a nice FLATTIE!!!

20. love2catfish

love2catfish New Member

State:
    Northwest Missouri
    I assume Clay County will be out charging boaters this weekend. Do you know how much it is this year? Will I need to take out a loan?:angry: