Smithville 6-12-09

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by moriver, Jun 14, 2009.

1. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I met my dad at Smithville last night. We were going to set some Limb Lines but we fly fish the rocks for bait and with the water up it was just not working. We ended up finding a stump and caught crappie, bass and whites off of it. Then I made a trip to one of the points by the golf course and caught a cat to finish the night out.
    The main lake point filled up with boats for a while. I wondered if it was BOC boys??????:0a23:

2. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I was out there, just got back. Caught some crappie up North, didn't do so hot on the flats tonight. Hope to see you out there some time.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Just got back after being gone for 1/2 a year....hope to have some info soon....looks like the lake is up and muddy

4. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was out Saturday night with 2 friends. We fished until about midnight and didnt't even get a bite. We ran into some guys at the boatramp and they had a live well full of cats, we got some info from them and went back out. We caught alot of fish off of their info cats, whites, and walleye. Thank's to those guys for that we would have given up without them.

5. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Spill your guts Quack, how's it done? I haven't even bought a season pass yet and i'm out of town but, i'll use any help i can get. What's up Cook?

6. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Right now look shallow. Dont be affraid to fish in a foot of water. Saturday night we anchored in 10 feet and threw into the bank. Fresh bait (shad) is the way to go, fillet them out and cut the rib bones out. It's alot of work but well worth it. Hope this helps.

7. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    I think i'll give it a try. i've never thought to fish so shallow. I am typicaly a river guy so this lake stuff is a new ball game

8. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rusty I have fished a couple of flats on the platte that were only 10" to 18" deep and caught big flatheads on them. Dont ever be afraid to look shallow you might get surprised.

9. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Thanks for the info Quack, i'll be gettin' out there in July and i know patterns may change but, that's good info

10. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Had a good night lastnight caught a 16 pound chanel and a 10 south of w bridge then it started raining.

11. Matthew.Morris

Matthew.Morris New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Catching the channels on shad?

12. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went out Friday and Saturday night and had good luck both nights. All of our fish got caught after 2 am on fresh shad. Caught alot of nice channels and blues and several nice largemouth. Thanks for coming along Ozzy had a good time Saturday morning.

13. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you can locate a flat (1-3-feet of water) close to a lake point that is where I have been catching 90% of my fish. Fish the outside of the grass line closer to deep water hope this helps.

14. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Quack - thanks - you are a fish catching son of a gun!

15. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    I have herd from a friend of mine that the flathead have started biteing very well he has caught four this week the biggest one was 51lbs. A guy with the consevation dept. told J.C. (blue-Jay) and I that they shocked up a monster flat over 80lbs!!!!

16. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fished Friday evening with the kids and Satuday with my old fishing buddy. Caught crappie, whites, channel and one nice flathead. Great weekend had by all.

17. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I heard the same thing. Their are some fish in that lake that would be considered true monsters. I have been broke off several times on 40 and 50 pound mono. Good luck and be safe.

Side Note: Boat traffic has been horrible until midnight or so.

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    They shocked up a 70# and one they guesstimated at 80# to 85#. Couldn't get it in the boat!! LOL

19. hereflattieflattie

hereflattieflattie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Should be a few Flathead in the spillway as well since they are running 1000cfs.