Smith & Wesson 22 A Pistol

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Quack_Addict88, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Quack_Addict88

Quack_Addict88 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Bought a new Smith & Wesson 22A Pistol the other day...put about 300 -400 rounds through it the first day i had it, im really excited about my new purchase and dont regret it one bit...$277 w 2 10rd clips..just wanted to know what others on here think about them wether they are owners or knowledgeable about them.. Appreciate all posts!!

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Its always exciting to get a new firearm. Good luck with it. Sounds like a pretty good price too. Congrats.

3. Quack_Addict88

State:
    Kansas
    Yes it is lol....Ive had great luck w it so far and hopefully it will stay that way ha ha

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Smith and Wesson says it all. Congrats.

5. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    you cant go wrong with a Smith&Wesson. :cool2:

6. Quack_Addict88

State:
    Kansas
    Havent had any major problems...but i have noticed that Remington Golden Bullets dont really work worth a darn...so i ended up gettin some PMC .22 Zapper rounds from a friend and never once had to manually eject the shells like i had to w the Remington Golds...I believe they are junk...i bought a 550 box of them and had maybe 450 of them that actually went off...So, no more Remington Golds for me...Not one problem w the PMC's though

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I have a 22A-1 target pistol with the 7 inch barrel and I love it. I have had it for 2 years and have put thousands of rounds through it with no troubles. Remington 22 shells are complete junk. Surprisingly the 550 round box of federals which are the cheapest I have found are some of the best. At most like 3 duds in the whole box. I have had 2 duds in one clip with the remingtons.

8. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    great gun good shooter congraduations:smile2:

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Actually the golden bullets are not bad. Different .22's like different ammo, just have to try all brands and see what she likes. I have a winchester 190 that will shoot anything.

10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just picked a used one up at a gun show at a good price. It's got the realtree camo finish, so I have to be careful of laying it down or I'll never see it again! I put a couple boxes of ammo through it without any hickups and so far it seems to shoot as good or better than the old rugers I've had in the past. It has the same weight and feel as my 1911s though and I love the magazine release. Just one work of advise, DON'T PUSH THE BUTTON ON THE END OF THE FRAME UNTIL YOU GET A TAKE DOWN/REASSEMBLY MANUAL!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

11. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Once you have done it once or twice it is pretty easy to take apart and put back together.

12. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yea, it's easy, if ya got the manual, LOL! Mine was used without the box and manual. I got home and let the curiosity get the better of me and pushed the takedown button. Next thing I knew, I was on the internet printing out a manual from the smith and wesson website to get it back together, LOL.

13. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I've had mine for 10 years or so now. Very good shooter! The only thing bad about it is there is a plastic stopper the spring sits against.

14. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    I have 2 of them 1 black 4" and 1 stainless 7" and sometimes swap the barrels - slides arround to mix em up for a little diffrent color
    the 7" stainless was $252 back in 1997

15. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    yeha that little plastic piece kinda wears out.