Smith Mountain lake question

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigJohnC, Jun 21, 2006.

1. BigJohnC

BigJohnC New Member

State:
    patrick springs,va
    where are some good spots to fish from the bank for cats around the lake i was planning a trip up there over the weekend and see if i can catch a few
    thanks
    john

2. BoG

BoG Member

State:
    Delaware
    Name:
    Bo
    I can only think of Smith Mountain State Park. There are plenty access points for that. Boat Ramp, Beach Area, trails that lead to points, etc. The only other land that I know of open to the public is the AEP land, but don't know of any land access.

Bo

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've done pretty good on the point to the right of the boat ramp at the state park but there are alot of snags so bring plenty of hooks!

4. A.Williams

A.Williams New Member

State:
    Virginia
    There is a good spot on the other side of the lake down stream from ponderosa camp ground.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Are you talking about the Franklin co. side? Not too familiar with that side.

6. A.Williams

A.Williams New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yeah, if ya are comeing from like the hales ford bridge area ya wanna hang that left at the foodlion go down till ya hit 834 on the right take that road till ya get to the stop sign go throught that stop sign your gonna go about 5 miles when ya hit the bridge that crosses blackwater river your almost there, go across the bridge up the hill round the curve down the next hill up the next hill start watching for the next state maintained road, take that road as far as ya can go.That there is one of my fishin' holes catch a couple baskets of crawdads an brims there