Smith Mountain Lake in virgina

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BoG, Apr 19, 2006.

1. BoG

BoG Member

State:
    Delaware
    Name:
    Bo
    Yesterday evening I was striper fishing on SML. To my suprise I picked up a 5+ pound channel cat on a custom bucktail. :) He hit it hard, so they must be getting pretty active now.

Bo

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was on another site that has a thread about taking soldiers fishing and then thought about this one. Here is the deal! My Brother-in-Law spent 4 years in Viet Nam and came home OK. But now at 55 years old his health has gone down hill bad. I've taken him to the dock at SML State Park but didn't do to well. He isn't expected to live much longer and has never caught a big fish. I was hoping to find someone with a boat and some experience to take him out for a chance at a good sized Striper or Big Cat. He only gets 40% disability so he can't afford a high priced guide. I'd be willing to cover gas and expenses if I could find someone to take him out.
    If you or anyone you know can help make his dream come true, Please contact me here or at: suttonbillieblue@cox.net
    I know he gets bored sitting around watching shows with me!!!:001:

3. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Flathead Willie, my dad is a moderater at VirginiaStripers.com, everybody on that board is mostly around Smith Mtn lake, i will post your request on there and i will almost be sure somebody will help you out, i am also military stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC and from Gretna, Va(Leesville Lake area) if i were not down here in NC i would take ya'll out on my boat with my dad and try and help ya out.

4. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Hey,
    I talked to "theshadtaxi", Todd, yesterday! He's a real nice guy. I'm going to hook up with him first chance I get and go after some "Silver fish". And Drew, you may want to check out: virginiastriper.com if you haven't already. They have a real good site there with a lot of fine folks.

5. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I've been hearing from a few folks that the Channels are hitting good at the lake. Shad are plentiful especially at night under lights.

6. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    yeah flathead im just now checking this post and i am joining the virginiastripers site right now. Looks like a real nice site. Let me know sometime and we will go sometime. When are u going to hook up with the shadtaxi?

7. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Hi guy,
    How you been? That is a good site with a lot of real nice folks. I talked to theshadtaxi but he is mostly into stripers. I been wanting to go after some cats. What part of the lake do you like to fish the most? I've heard the upper part is real good. I'd love to hook up with you sometime and give it a shot anywhere. PM me and maybe we can get something together.