Smell That?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Fokromix, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Fokromix

Fokromix New Member

State:
    VA
    While I did have fun getting the boat wet again...I smelled something unusual on the James... It was the large skunk that I hung today...oh well. Boats sitting in all my usual spots so I tried a few new areas....bad move. Had fun none the less. I did get 5 cutters on the first set and froze the left overs up for next time. Had the rare bump but no solid take downs so I hit GreenTop instead....Hope some others guys had luck

Attached Files:

2. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Man it happens to the best of us. Next time change it up drasticly if you aren't getting any bites. See what that does for ya.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Been to the James, where is your usual spots?:smile2: I can drop that skunk by their boats tomorrow, and stink em out for ya!:wink: rollo

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    More often then not. I went to Deep Bottom Four Mile Creek bank and only caught a small 18" cat. I had fun it was a nice day, I took my mom she just read a book. It was a good visit. You'll get the monster next time as will I.
    later
    David

5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah I feel ya, I went out last sunday for 4 hours and got skunked lol. Nothing but Crabs :angry::smile2: Was gonna go yesterday but feared being skunked again so I stayed and fished at my local lake, caught a 10LB Channel within the 1st five minutes and about 10 Bullheads:wink: I should've kept a few of those bullheads they were between 1.5and 2 lbs but I dont think the Flats are very hot right now and I dont think Blues eat them. I'm headed to DG today, hope to get a few. Tight lines Brother

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Dicky.