Smallmouth - Anyone doing any smallmouth fishing latley?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by pendog66, Mar 5, 2006.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
  2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dude your gonna have me breaking out my smallie stuff early this year! smallies are my second favorite fish to pursue. there is some excellent smallie fishing up that way.

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    anytime you want to Dink, i have 6 or 7 spots within 2 miles of river that are awesome

4. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Very nice Smallie!! I bet he put up one heck of a fight!!

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Start off catching the smallies early in the year and know it wont be long till i tangle with some flatties.

6. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    My brother and i headed out yesterday to do some catfishing, however the water was a lil rough for my lil boat so we went bass fishing a small river close by. here is my 5 1/2 pound large mouth and 4 1/2 pound smallmouth and my brother caught a 4 pound smallie as well. we caught a bunch of smaller ones as well

Attached Files:

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    wow those are some nice fish, congrats man

8. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks thats the biggest smallie i have ever cought,felt like a 10 pound largemough. very nice fight, he even got airborn.

9. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    What's up pendog, I've been catching smallmouth since late January. Including that one spot I told you about. I think the biggest of the year so far is like 19 inches.

10. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    wow i just caught cabin fever extreamly bad! i got out fishing for sunnies and largemouths today but i cant wait till i get on the river for smallmouths!!!! nice fish guys! yea smallmouths are deffinitly one of the hardest fishting fish pound for pound of corse.

11. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    it took everything i had to keep that smallie out of a tree he fought like a champ

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I enjoy small mouth fishing. And always will, I caught my self Tuesday checking out the good spots on Pickwick lake for new stumps and spawning benches . Marked around 50 to fish in the next few weeks.
    Best ever day was 100+ for 2 of us. Biggest was 6+ lbs and around 10 that was 5 lbs. and no telling how many 2 and 3 lb fish.

Looking forward to catching lots for them this year.
    Pete

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i am headin out to do some smallie fishing this weekend for sure atleast 1 time. Im hitting a couple of my other honey holes

14. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i was watching Fishing with Bill Dance today and he talked about how a bass's air sack acts like a set of ears. When the pressure is falling the air sack becomes stressed and messes up the bass's equilibriem. Which changes which water depth it is at and its feeding habits. I never knew that before